JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I kind of walked you in to your response so that I could point out that the State Police database, the Fed database, and the transfer in between the two suffers the same exposure risk, as does the interception of info from dealers using cell phones at gunshows doing the BG check manually. :s0155:

Oh no doubt there is the same type of risk. I have little faith in government computer security but the odds are that the exposure will be greater through an individual/FFL business check via computer than gov computer or cell phone interception.

Is the process just online and the dealer has no paperwork? Does the dealer just record the auth # down and can then toss the rest of the info off the computer?

Kind of like a Form 4473 does? :s0131:

"Only the paranoid survive." B-)

I'm not particularly fond of 4473s either, but a system can be compromised, even remotely. I once demonstrated to a cow-orker that their work laptop had been used by their kids to look at pr0n, just by clicking in their search box and letting the drop-down history show up. If the browser isn't set up to not record the history, all that information is available to anyone who knows what to look for.

elsie

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top