JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oh, so I found the receipt and they totally botched it, I guess I got lucky. I paid for 4 boxes at 13.97 each, which were labeled 14.94 which was down from 17.79. The receipt shows "AMMO *1N x4 @ 13.97" Haha, victory for random luck!

I guess it's a generation thing.

I would have been too embarassed to admit taking advantage that way, let alone boasting about it on the internet. Why do I think if that receipt showed that you were overcharged that you would be back there right now pounding on the counter for a refund.

BTW for anyone thinking it's ok to take advantage of a "corporate beast" Bi-mart is employee owned, and is the best thing going in this area for a decent place to buy ammo. Your name is now on my list of people I would never do business with.
Or maybe I should say it in a different dialect;
totally lame......dude

:s0002:

Well, I took my son to expo show on Sunday. He liked looking at the knives more than I did and I was kind of disappointed with the rest of the show. I had a much better feeling about both the Albany show and the one in Rickreall last weekend. The price of 9mm ammo was lower in Rickreall and no annoying parking fee. Really, I wouldn't mind so much if it was a more reasonable price, but $8 is pretty steep, especially on top of the $9 entrance fee. I think I'l stick to the Albany and Rickreall shows in the future.

If I didn't feel like I was breaking the law by carrying my purchases around with me, I'd probably park my car and take the max or walk to eliminate the parking fee. I agree though, they should find a new venue and/or combine the shows again. Everyone would be benefit.

My better half and I went back today because she wanted to look at the toys after I brought home an AR, exploding targets and some other stuff. She found a LNIB Kahr MK9 for $500...I about wet myself, great find...

My better half and I went back today because she wanted to look at the toys after I brought home an AR, exploding targets and some other stuff. She found a LNIB Kahr MK9 for $500...I about wet myself, great find...

It definitely sounds like you take the prize for positive experiences at this show. (that might be more due to your better half than the show though)

We did have a great experience! Got to do some FTF with other forum members so I have a face to an avatar, found some great deals, got to fondle nice firearms and spent the day with my better half. What more can I ask for?

Last Edited:
I guess you think store owners feel bad when your giving them your hard earned money hand over fist without question, must be nice to be sheeple.

Yes it must be a generational thing, I grew up rough. So what, I take every advantage that I can get my hands on. Being nice and courteous in this "day and age" (I hate that term) it sounds just like "Back in my day, blah blah blah" does not get you anything unless your in the customer service business. I am the consumer companies need to cater to MY needs not how much money they think they can get out of me before they tell me to get the fudge-out, thanks again see you next time jerk off line they feed everyone with that smarmy smile you know they hate to HAVE to give everyone. Back in your era companies weren't the sharks they are now. I know Bi-Mart is employee owned, but I and everyone else pays for their tax exemptions and a membership to boot, if they mess they're inventory up that's not my problem, they can only blame themselves.

I attended the ROSE CITY GUN SHOW this weekend also. I found it to be the best gun and knife show in recent years. Not only was it bigger but had lots of gun and knife related stuff....(and I did bring home some goodies).
Its really odd that there are postings giving mis-information. To me, it degridates the validity of this forum.
My opinion,For what its worth, you decide.
There was a division of the shows. Collectors West has the 3-day shows in the 72000 sq ft building.
Rose City has 2-day shows in the 84000 sq ft building.
Attend both then decide. THERE IS A DIFFERENCE you will see.

I went to the Expo Christ-Mass show 15 months back, my 1st in 4 years so I enjoyed it. I had specific things I needed to get, a 22LR conversion for my Glock, 762x39 ammo and I had some junk I wanted to dump so I made back my entry costs.
I would not bother making the 100 mile drive now, internet purchases are so much easier.

I guess you think store owners feel bad when your giving them your hard earned money hand over fist without question, must be nice to be sheeple.

Yes it must be a generational thing, I grew up rough. So what, I take every advantage that I can get my hands on. Being nice and courteous in this "day and age" (I hate that term) it sounds just like "Back in my day, blah blah blah" does not get you anything unless your in the customer service business. I am the consumer companies need to cater to MY needs not how much money they think they can get out of me before they tell me to get the fudge-out, thanks again see you next time jerk off line they feed everyone with that smarmy smile you know they hate to HAVE to give everyone. Back in your era companies weren't the sharks they are now. I know Bi-Mart is employee owned, but I and everyone else pays for their tax exemptions and a membership to boot, if they mess they're inventory up that's not my problem, they can only blame themselves.

Dang ....Did you prove my point.

What a hero to the masses you are, you really stuck it to "the man"

You walk out of a store with six boxes and you brag that you got away with only paying for four. The only thing worse than observing your shocking lack of integrity is the thought that you may have children, and pass your lack of morality on to them.

Now you try to rationalize your abhorrent behavior by complaining about their prices (the lowest in town during their sales, which this was) and because of their membership cards:

1 Their sale price must not have been that bad...you walked out with six boxes. When people don't like the prices, they can leave, it was your choice. It was not their choice for you to walk out with six when you only paid for four.

2 The Bi-mart membership cards. One of the reasons many stores create those cards is to combat repeat shoplifters. The idea was that you show the card to get in, then if you get caught shoplifting, you lose the card. Oh, I am sorry, if you don't know what a shoplifter is, it's a person who takes something out of a store without paying for it, then keeps it.

:s0002::s0154:

Dang ....Did you prove my point.

What a hero to the masses you are, you really stuck it to "the man"

You walk out of a store with six boxes and you brag that you got away with only paying for four. The only thing worse than observing your shocking lack of integrity is the thought that you may have children, and pass your lack of morality on to them.

Now you try to rationalize your abhorrent behavior by complaining about their prices (the lowest in town during their sales, which this was) and because of their membership cards:

1 Their sale price must not have been that bad...you walked out with six boxes. When people don't like the prices, they can leave, it was your choice. It was not their choice for you to walk out with six when you only paid for four.

2 The Bi-mart membership cards. One of the reasons many stores create those cards is to combat repeat shoplifters. The idea was that you show the card to get in, then if you get caught shoplifting, you lose the card. Oh, I am sorry, if you don't know what a shoplifter is, it's a person who takes something out of a store without paying for it, then keeps it.

:s0002::s0154:

+1 for OB1

and for ACE1901:huh::s0154::s0154::s0154::s0154: You need:s0107: How can anyone on this forum ever do business with you with morals like that?

I attended the ROSE CITY GUN SHOW this weekend also. I found it to be the best gun and knife show in recent years. Not only was it bigger but had lots of gun and knife related stuff....(and I did bring home some goodies).
Its really odd that there are postings giving mis-information. To me, it degridates the validity of this forum.
My opinion,For what its worth, you decide.
There was a division of the shows. Collectors West has the 3-day shows in the 72000 sq ft building.
Rose City has 2-day shows in the 84000 sq ft building.
Attend both then decide. THERE IS A DIFFERENCE you will see.

I have posted in this thread and read the posts in this thread and fail to see any "mis-information" that "degridates the validity of this forum". I do however, see peoples opinions with regards to their personal experiences, is the expression of peoples 1st Amendment rights what "degridates the validity of this forum"? Really? That is concerning in itself...

I (personally) have been going to the gun shows at the EXPO for many years and since the split of the shows it has not been the same. You say that we need to "Attend both then decide. THERE IS A DIFFERENCE you will see.". I have attended both and have decided that getting half the show (either of them) and paying the same $9 per show plus another $8 for parking per show degrades the value of these shows and like others, I will choose shows to attend that can supply the deals without the additional fees.

Wow some of you guys really ride eachother hard. You disagree with someone's ethics..so you feel its your place to be rude to them? Its like some of you cruise the threads just looking for someone's head to rip off. You can get the same point across without being so harsh. I too always let a cashier know if they make mistakes in my favor but I'm not out to throw stones at every person that walks a different line than me.

Anyway...I went to the show on sat morning and found the parking to be full because of the car show that was going on at the same time. I just parked in that overflow lot and walked opposed to taking that school bus. It was a short walk and the weather was decent so it was kinda nice really

I found a decent deal on .223...new 55gr fmj boxes of 50 for 16 each. The plastic cases they came in were really nice too. They also had cardboard boxed rounds in all calibers that were good buys in bulk. Dont remember exact prices but i believe they were 150'ish for .45 and .223, boxes of 500.

I couldnt find the parts i was looking for so just bought ammo and a 50rnd 10/22 mag that makes my 10/22 jam every 3 or 4 shots. I should have known when the guy told me to keep the package for the warranty. Like he new they jam but was selling them anyway. Before that i overheard him bragging about shooting women and children in vietnam and not losing a night of sleep over it. I try not to judge people but that was a little disturbing to hear... I shouldnt have bought from him. I dislike seeing all the cheap CAA/UTG stuff and little to no really nice stuff. I wanted to buy a bcm gunfighter charging handle and an eotech...no dice. If I had the time and money I would love to make a booth only stocking the gooood stuff

-sent from ipod

Wow some of you guys really ride eachother hard. You disagree with someone's ethics..so you feel its your place to be rude to them? Its like some of you cruise the threads just looking for someone's head to rip off. You can get the same point across without being so harsh. I too always let a cashier know if they make mistakes in my favor but I'm not out to throw stones at every person that walks a different line than me.

I have to agree with the Soob on this one don't get me wrong that was not a cool thing to do, that employee who rang it up probably got in trouble when his till came up short maybe even had to pay it. but the reply was harsh we don't need to beat each other up.

I once was in walmart cause i had a $120 gift card so i was at the ammo counter and flagged down a employee to get me 6 boxes of the federal .308 for $13.97 each he rang it up and should have gave me back a few ones and some change he starts handing me $20s and was up to 4 of them ( i was a bit puzzled ) and said hey wait this is not right he pauses and looks at me and counts it and says its right and starts to hand me more money and i stop him and said the card is only for $120 you only owe me a few bucks and some change. He was very grateful . I could of walked out with free ammo and this was during the ammo shortage but he would have probably got fired or would have had to pay it out of his own pocket and I would have been no better than some 2 bit crack head breaking into some ones car and stealing their stereo .

For those that would like an alternative to the parking fee, take the max from the park and ride that's right there at Delta Park/PIR. I do this every time, and since it's only one hop, i don't have any issue in bringing guns, nor ammo back on the train. I have yet to have any problems with either fellow riders, or Tri-Met drivers regarding transit, or purchases.

Regarding the most recent show, I think the layout helped the place 'feel' full compared with February's show. A long and narrow space fills up more even if the square footage is the same. Personally I prefer the more open layout of the February show and the ability to move without inadvertently jostling someone.

I'll go to the one in April and compare.

I have to agree with the Soob on this one don't get me wrong that was not a cool thing to do, that employee who rang it up probably got in trouble when his till came up short maybe even had to pay it. but the reply was harsh we don't need to beat each other up.

I once was in walmart cause i had a $120 gift card so i was at the ammo counter and flagged down a employee to get me 6 boxes of the federal .308 for $13.97 each he rang it up and should have gave me back a few ones and some change he starts handing me $20s and was up to 4 of them ( i was a bit puzzled ) and said hey wait this is not right he pauses and looks at me and counts it and says its right and starts to hand me more money and i stop him and said the card is only for $120 you only owe me a few bucks and some change. He was very grateful . I could of walked out with free ammo and this was during the ammo shortage but he would have probably got fired or would have had to pay it out of his own pocket and I would have been no better than some 2 bit crack head breaking into some ones car and stealing their stereo .

I guess we'll just have to disagree on this one guys.

The whole point was not to rip anyones head off, it was to point out that taking monetary advantage of a person's mistake isn't the kind of thing you go about bragging about . In addition, referring to ones "hard life" certainly doesn't justify it.
The poster's whole " it's all about what I can get for free and $/%& anyone else" attitude seemed to fly in face of what I thought this site was all about. Now, I am beginning to wonder.

For those that would like an alternative to the parking fee, take the max from the park and ride that's right there at Delta Park/PIR. I do this every time, and since it's only one hop, i don't have any issue in bringing guns, nor ammo back on the train. I have yet to have any problems with either fellow riders, or Tri-Met drivers regarding transit, or purchases.

What about rifles? No one stops you or asks any questions if you're riding public transportation and walking around with a rifle and ammo in the city?

I guess we'll just have to disagree on this one guys.

The whole point was not to rip anyones head off, it was to point out that taking monetary advantage of a person's mistake isn't the kind of thing you go about bragging about . In addition, referring to ones "hard life" certainly doesn't justify it.
The poster's whole " it's all about what I can get for free and $/%& anyone else" attitude seemed to fly in face of what I thought this site was all about. Now, I am beginning to wonder.

We understand the point you've made. We agree with you. Just saying you can make the same point in a better manner...that's all. I would hope this site isn't about scorning every person you disagree with... That kind of attitude scares people away from posting. Some people are afraid their ideas won't align with yours or whoever else and that they will get slammed too. It's a valid arguement. Not trying to badger you man, just reminding you to be civil ...if you will
:drink:

What about rifles? No one stops you or asks any questions if you're riding public transportation and walking around with a rifle and ammo in the city?

Hi Bunny,
One time I bought a shotgun, and carried it in the box with me on to the train. I had no problems from tri-met nor other passengers. when I did that. Again, I only went one stop to the Delta Park Parking lot and the box went right into the trunk for transport home.

The other time, I bought ammo, and a different time, i bought a pistol. In all three instances, i had no issues. Again, it may be because I only went one stop, and again, it may be because the firearm(s) were kept in their box/case (i.e. not out in the open).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top