JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It would have been really great if the reporters and the person who produced the written report had the faintest idea what they were talking about. Of course Mr Preston had the 'correct paperwork' to not only own the vehicle, but to live-fire live ammunition [ in this case AP]. And it's not a 'military-style tank' WTF that means. It just gets me right here that such jerks are out there on public TV coming out with this carp.

This is not simply a local tragedy, but has repercussions all over the world of re-enactors and AFV collectors, many of whom fire blanks, rather than live, ammunition. Nothwithstanding that, and bearing in mind that blanks use black powder, a prem in ANY tank round is going to cause casualties - three members of the crew of a Czech T-72 died in 2011 at a display when such a made-up cartridge let go on loading inside the closed-down tank.

They were not re-enactors, but serving armour unit personnel.

Over here in yUK we are keeping a very close eye on this tragedy.

tac

Yes, I spoke too soon and I apologize. Any loss of life is a tragedy. I normally do not watch the shows like "Weapon Hunter", and had no idea these collectors actually went out and fired these vintage tracked weapons. Being retired military, I had no idea they could get munitions to feed them. These systems are extremely serious business.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top