Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Expert recommended survival 410 shotgun - $175.00

Discussion in 'Rifle Classifieds' started by VinnieBoomBah, Aug 16, 2009.

1. VinnieBoomBah

VinnieBoomBah Hillsboro OR Active Member

Most experts recommend that your survival arsenal include at least one shotgun, and if you can only have one, they recommend a 12 gauge. But if you have the funds and the space for two, they will often recommend a 410. Why? Less recoil, lighter weight, and the ability to carry more shells are high on the list, as is the reduced damage to edible game from the smaller shell.
    But in a survival situation, the quieter report could be the difference between a stealthy harvest, and and drawing unwanted attention. How much different are the noise levels? A 410 shotgun tends to be around 150 decibels, while a typical 12 gauge can be 156 decibels! And if your 12 gauge has a shorter than normal barrel, expect your noise levels to be much higher.

This is the full choke Mossberg 183T. It holds two shells in the mag and one in the chamber, and takes 2 1/2 or 3" shells. There are a few scuffs on the stock, but no rust. I am also including 1 - 3" Winchester #7 1/2 shell and 17 - Federal 2 1/2 #6 shells.

410bolt.jpg

This is a photo of the actual shotgun.

2. Logical1

Logical1 southeast portland, OR Member

hey vince any word when you are selling the little sucker to me.......

3. gallogiro

gallogiro Willamette Valley Active Member

That looks a lot like a rimfire rifle.

4. VinnieBoomBah

That's up next. :cool:

5. VinnieBoomBah

Did you get my PM?

6. VinnieBoomBah

DOH! :chairfight: As second look and I find out I did post the wrong photo! :banghead: I'm off to find the correct one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.