Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Experimental Chinese 7.62x39 ammo with substance in hollow tip

Discussion in 'Ammunition Classifieds' started by badclam, Jan 24, 2014.

1. badclam

badclam willapa bay Sunny SW WA Active Member

I cut this Chinese ammo open to see if it was steel core and found that the tip was hollow and was full of these little round white balls. I found out this is some experimental Chinese ammo with plastic beads in the tip that is really rare. I really want to trade it for other rare AK ammo but will consider other ammo trades. Remember this stuff is super rare so don't offer me a box of wolf for a box of this. If you have some 7.62x39 AP, real AP, or tracer rounds, or anything rare like that you get first shot at it.
    Tamarahand019_zpsb6c61408.jpg
    Tamarahand022_zps6169e593.jpg Tamarahand024_zps3a2160a4.jpg
    Tamarahand025_zps57b9c49a.jpg
    pix793068020_zpsf77be770.jpg

2. jamesclipscomb

jamesclipscomb sw portland, oregon New Member

like 5.45 it tumbles on impact. strange stuff.

3. badclam

badclam willapa bay Sunny SW WA Active Member

These flatten out when shot into wet newspaper. Maybe that's the result they were looking for since hollow points are frowned on as military ammo. On another forum it was said that the Soviets first made these to fill the wound with plastic that wouldn't show up in an x-ray, to complicate treatment of the wound. I can not confirm or deny either of these theories, but know it's very rare and collectable.

4. Martini_Up

Martini_Up NW USA Well-Known Member

Looks a little like the stuff Farmer Brown used to shoot at us youngsters when he would catch us in his pastures showing the news kids cow-tipping, haha!