JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's the trust I use. Was pretty easy, just giving the required info and shortly there after the trust appears in your email.

I got mine about 3 years ago, so I don't know if he changed anything, but there are a few things in it that aren't needed. Like getting a bank account.

I'd do it again if needed.

ive used 199trust, and it is super simple, and very fast. they help you with what ever you need. i filled it out and had it in my mail box in a few hours. sent it to ATF and was approved. so im very happy with them.

+1 for NW Gun Law Group and the Silver trust... Not cheapest but at least you have some backing and actual attorneys helping things along the way.

I can't say that I have had any experience with 199Trust, but I have been pleased with the work done by Northwest Law Group. For a variety of reasons, we went with the Silver Trust, but they do have a simplified version (Bronze) for much less cost.

My very first post here on this Excellent Forum. The only thing I can think of is be sure you have the individuals you want to include in the trust on board before you start. In my case I had about half a dozen family who wanted to be included by verbal agreement .... BUT when it came time to include them, they backed out. Get your ducks all in a row before you start the paper work. That is all. Respectfully.

There really is less advantage to going with a trust vs individual now, unless you are thinking of inheritance/estate type of uses.

The only other advantage is that trustees may posses the item without you present, like if you need to use the restroom while shooting.

I doubt I will do any more NFA stuff but if I did in the future I would simply run it as an individual. Fewer fingerprints and photos and less hassle as an individual.

I used coyoterifleworks.com and had no issues. Everyone who signs will need to do so in the presence of a notary so line that up ahead of time. I wasted a few weeks due time schedule issues.

The only other advantage is that trustees may posses the item without you present, like if you need to use the restroom while shooting

This was a "biggie" for us. My wife is an avid shooter too and we wanted her as a Trustee. The CLEO sign off was non-issue as our Sheriff is very pro-RKBA, but pre-41F, having a trust cut down on the paper work some and I could, and did, use eForms. Alas, those are no longer true, but being able to add or remove Trustees is worth it for us.

Just seeing if anyone has used this site. I'm looking at setting up an NFA Trust and want to do this the simplest way possible. If not this site, what does anyone suggest?

I have used them my for current trust, now holding 6 stamps. I would recommend adding the small printed trust copy, as well as adding the electronically editable documents at added cost. When I got my trust through 199 trust, I wasn't sure it was legit so I went as cheap as possible. Now I wish that I would've purchased those additional options.

Good luck!

There really is less advantage to going with a trust vs individual now, unless you are thinking of inheritance/estate type of uses.

The only other advantage is that trustees may posses the item without you present, like if you need to use the restroom while shooting.

I doubt I will do any more NFA stuff but if I did in the future I would simply run it as an individual. Fewer fingerprints and photos and less hassle as an individual.

There is a serious issue with NFA items without a trust. In the unfortunate event of an individual owners death, the NFA items must be surrendered to authorities within 60 days and receipt issued to BATFE or the person in possession of estate items can be charged criminally. I have not heard of this happening, but that would be the last thing I would want to deal with within a untimely death of a loved family member.

You need more then "Wife gets guns" in a will/living trust when dealing with NFA items.
The ATF will insist on a probate hearing to determine who is the rightful heir and that alone will generally cost over $5,000.00 in lawyer fees.

Right now language in my will says the local Class 3 Gun shop has authorization to enter my home and remove ALL the firearms including NFA items for secure safe keeping at their retail store.

Such NFA and other firearm items would be entered into their books. The idea then is they would sell off the stuff and release the funds to my beneficiary. Will this satisfy the BATFE? I don't know.

I'll chime in on this as I did what I always do........pay twice...........

I started with the $199 gun trust purchased online, however, I then READ it and had LOTS of questions............. So I hired an attorney to put it in to ENGLIGH for me and clarify for me(Jake Whitmire, active on these forums and a great guy). Long story short, I paid him to build an additional trust, my trust, the trust the way I wanted (I think it was $600).

What I want you to know is FOR ME: I have ALL the email traffic, I have ALL my notes, I have ALL my questions and the answers to them. That was important to me, so I knew what I was getting.

YMMV,
Scotty

Thank you all. Time for me to consult a competent NFA lawyer who also knows about NFA trusts. My understanding right now is that I may have some BATFE and other legal exposure regarding my very small NFA collection. Time to change the will.

Can anyone recommend a good attorney? The usual one hour pay rate would apply. A good phone call could clear things up for me. One hundred questions for sure. Again, it is apparent my local attorney whom I am employing right knows Jack Shiet.

Not good. :(

Thank you all. Time for me to consult a competent NFA lawyer who also knows about NFA trusts. My understanding right now is that I may have some BATFE and other legal exposure regarding my very small NFA collection. Time to change the will.

Can anyone recommend a good attorney? The usual one hour pay rate would apply. A good phone call could clear things up for me. One hundred questions for sure.

If one out of your local area is fine, you might drop a note to Northwest Law Group and see if they can help. They do work with issues related to the NFA34 and they do estate planning beyond that. I've consulted them via phone and email with good results.

Cheers.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads