JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone have experience with "mini shells" (1 3/4")? Specifically, performance busting clay pigeons. Reach distance and impact similar?

My Godson is visiting in a few weeks. He's a smaller dude and I know the 12 GA will be a handful.

Thought I'd try out the mini shells...

I haven't used them to bust clays. I do have some of the Aguilla mini-shells in 00-buck. I've run it in a (duly registered) sawed-off double and the recoil is more manageable and there is no trouble scoring hits.

I like the idea of the Mini shells....need to get some and play around with them...
You don't need much to break a clay bird and for close in shots at grouse they might work as well...Hmmmm...
Looking forward to seeing the replies here.
Andy.

I ordered the following from Brownells. 300 shells for $90 shipped. I have an O/U so a spacer block is not applicable.

Challenger's Super Shortshell Shotshells - say that three times fast! - are part of the new wave in shotgun ammunition: shorter than standard length shells. The benefit is being able to load more rounds into the tube magazine of your pump action personal defense shotgun. A full 1" shorter than standard shells (1-3/4" vs. 2-3/4"), Super Shortshells also make excellent reduced-power loads for recoil-sensitive shooters, especially in single- or double-barreled shotguns.

Like all Challenger shotshells, Super Shortshells deliver excellent performance at an economical price. "Economical" doesn't mean cutting corners in the wrong places. Cheddite primers give "surefire" reliability, while the slow-burning powder spreads out the recoil impulse to help make Super Shortshells extremely easy on the shoulder. Extra-hard, high-antimony pellets maximize the "punch" of the smaller shot loads.

- 1-3/4" shell length lets you load more rounds in tube mag shotguns
- Light recoil excellent for beginning, youth & smaller-statured shooters
- Extra-hard, dense-patterning pellets
- Choose classic #7-1/2 shot or #4 buck
- Available by the 20-rd box or 300-rd case

p_105003535_2.jpg

According to the ad you posted the 71/2's have 5/8 oz of shot at 1200fps. That puts it in between a .410 and a 28ga target load. Fine for the skeet range if used with a bit of choke. Not a great choice on the trap field.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top