JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Spent 3 years building AR, the only part that's been fired is an AXTS ADAC No. 304 that's pristine. The rest of the build was rediculas in quality & $. If I'm thinking about selling would it be best to break in with known accuracy or sell un fired. In a time that everyone seemed to be building $400 AR's, I spent an obscene amount of money.... thank you for any kind input. Before anyone asks; because I wanted to.....

I would think that unfired would have a higher price. Not sure on how home built will price out, but everything is hard to find these days. I've got countless guns that I've bought and sold without firing. I recently sold a rifle where I was the second owner and she was yet to be used.

Last Edited:
hate to break it to you but its a used gun unfired or not. If was looking to buy an expensive high end -used- gun Id want to at least hear that it works, and works really well....

hate to break it to you but its a used gun unfired or not. If was looking to buy an expensive high end -used- gun Id want to at least hear that it works, and works really well....
+1. Anyone who buys it is probably going to want to shoot it first. Also brace yourself for likely losing an obscene amount of money on it. Good luck!

Sell the sizzle, not the steak. Fire that thing and brag big about the accuracy, otherwise you're selling an intangible, something that "might" be accurate.
Yeah, it's a boutique gun but you know what it's worth. Your casting out a net for a narrow group of people that have to own the best of the best. In this climate, it may take a but longer but you'll sell it, they're out there. Stick to your convictions on it as anything can be given away for free. GLWS.

Id want to at least hear that it works

At least test fire it so you can say with confidence that it works as it should. Helps to sell it. Of course people lie and say things work right when they don't, but you shouldn't be one of those.

So if what your really asking here is how to recoup most of your investment cost then sell it on an auction style website like Gunbroker and start the bidding around 75% your cost. People get caught up in bidding wars and pay way more than actual used value than they should on auction sales.

Actually "the sum of the parts is greater than the whole" is an adage that may prove true here. Selling it in parts may actually net you more than selling it as a complete firearm.

What @coop44 said.
Sad as it seems, the parts will probably sell for less of a discount than the parts as a whole.
The OP could advertise it as a complete gun first with the option of parting out if it doesn't sell.

Actually "the sum of the parts is greater than the whole" is an adage that may prove true here. Selling it in parts may actually net you more than selling it as a complete firearm.

What @coop44 said.
Sad as it seems, the parts will probably sell for less of a discount than the parts as a whole.
The OP could advertise it as a complete gun first with the option of parting out if it doesn't sell.

Believe it or not, most (average) cars are worth more parted out than as an entire assembled car.

That's why I've never been into "paying for a roll-mark" when concerning AR's, because the vast majority of parts are all made by the same handful of forges and manufacturers, and all these other high-end shops simply have their roll-marks put on the parts.

Last Edited:
Another vote for selling the individual parts in unfired condition if you want to maximize the cash value... It's almost like reloading components, where the labor and time spent assembling the items into a round of ammunition actually lowers the value on the open market.

I would say part in out like others said already. I built a few ARs and bought a good BCM PNT trigger and BCM BCG but the rest of the parts were what was on sale at the time when I ordered parts. BCM, Spike's Tactical, or Sons of Liberty Gun Works, etc.

You could get a lot for the AXTS lower sense Radian can't seem to figure out how to produce any product in a timely manner. Probably not here but on gunbroker for sure.

Believe it or not, most (average) cars are worth more parted out than as an entire assembled car.

That's why I've never been into "paying for a roll-mark" when concerning AR's, because the vast majority of parts are all made by the same handful of forges and manufacturers, and all these other high-end shops simply have their roll-marks put on the parts.
Yep, cars have been stolen and stripped for parts for decades.

Yep, cars have been stolen and stripped for parts for decades.
Wrecking yard guy told us back in high school he could part out a Corvette for twice it's whole value and would still have parts left over. I didn't get it then, but it didn't take long to understand that was probably an understatement.

THANK YOU ALL! I knew what I was doing and at the time selling wasn't a thought. I'll break it all down by a parts listing and let you all know what happens. I'm going to try for a completed sale with a part it out marketing tool. Thank you all again; awesome group!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top