JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Born in time to be a Millennial.

Live long enough to become the Boomer...Seriously my nephews said "OK BOOMER" to my brother whose in his mid 40's.....

Yup... they're all a bunch of brain-dead pussies.... but Ill only say that here.
Ill drag anyone and everyone to the range and put a gun in their hands without a hint of judgement. its the only way.

These dickheads play video games and in most cases can differentiate an AK from an AK from a G3..... go put one in their hands and you will have a convert instantly.

Its a sad state of affairs when examining, especially, the under 30 crowd. Putting a gun in their hands gives them a sense of responsibility and control... things sorely lacking in most of their lives. Again, you will have a convert.

As far as recoil? well.... cant really fix that, you either like it or you dont. But Id rather see a generation shooting 22lr and 9mm than nothing at all.

I think the over 30 shooters can embrace recoil better either from having a hunting background within the family or the fact that the first gun that we could afford (that wasnt a 22) was a surplus gun on the cheap... for example... I went from a Marlin 25 to a VZ24....... That 8mm was a blast..... hahaha I never looked back.

I think the younger generation is going to bring things back to reality. Listening to the things that my son (12yrs) and his friends say, definitely more conservative ideas down there, and this was before I was ever really politically vocal around them. My daughter has a few kids in her HS that open wear Trump gear and dont really get any bubblegum for it....

I'm 29, have an associate's, turn wrenches, own a house, blah blah, blah. Really wish my generation would stop patting themselves on the back for a job poorly done. The fact is, I work for a living. I never expected to make millions of be famous but I did have enough common effing sense not to study rocks. I have a skill set that allows me to find work with ease so I'll never go hungry. Jeez my generation can't stop whining.

Every generation gets its share of abuse from the old Fartz and Fartzets, the only new wrinkle in all that is the poor kids today dont evem know they are getting the screw! Blame million things, and you only scratched the surface! I know a few personally who got the benefit of being born to good old fashioned parrents who took the responsability of raising up their kids right, instilled in them real values amd turned them loose in the world knowing they could make it on their own, hell, i know a few here I would buy a beer for any time, and twice on saterday after a day at the range! Not all are lost, and not all that are lost are truely a lost cause! Find the ones who have a chance and help them any way you can! Think of it sort of like the matrix, you are the woke, and they are the batteries, find the ones you can save and woke them!

I used to shoot 8mm a lot. Had a 264 sako and a 375 h&h sako. And loved them. Then went 7.62x39 and 223. Then up to 308. Now back down to 204, 223, 260 and 6mmbr.

I don't like to get beat up any more. I think when I was growing up we had more hunters bringing people into the sport so maybe we were used to more kick. I think a lot of people getting into the sport are coming into tactical shooting and yhat generally means mid sized cartridges.

I'm glad I missed the troubles of today's youth! I'm 36 and grew up in a more prosperous time! A time where a kid could make $40 to $50k in their first year of full time employment just by doing things that people need and things people didn't wanna do for their selves! Crazy concept! Maybe working hard doubles that income before long?

Where a young man could marry a nice young woman by merely listening, responding thoughtfully, having manners, ambition, and goals (JOB = sexy)! A time where a couple could define common goals and save money and advance in their careers by showing some servitude, some gratitude, preparing with aptitude, and separate yourselves from the multitudes! All before 30!

Where a combined household income and smart money decisions and the delay of gratification could eventually net you a home, nice vehicles, boats, all the guns you can shoot! Especially when things get cheap during a recession! (Recession-proof jobs are nice).

A lot happened in the four years between when I was born and when you were born! Sorry people in your generation missed that boat by such a narrow margin!

BUT...a new era of prosperity is upon us. My 24 year old nephew did a little research and realized baby boomers were aging into nursing homes.....so he got a degree in healthcare management (not as interesting as Sociology or Feminist Studies) and makes $96k a year, all on his own! Since he watches the census, he knows that the glut of old boomers will eventually go dry and he'll use his management experience and continued education in another area of healthcare!

You just have to be willing to work hard, have some foresight, and put up with inconvenience like commuting or not spending $7 on a latte or $20 on beard wax, or thousands (!) of dollars in visible tattoos. Craft beer isn't necessary and no one wants to hire someone with a liberal arts degree (even from a non-resident or private school, you just paid more for it).

'Gerts,, you left out the part of being able (or willing) to lift up something heavier than a smart phone, or a keyboard!

:s0140:

People and their perception of things will vary , each person will react differently...
This in turn , will cause how they report or state just how something happened , to be radically different at times from someone else and how they say just what happened.

Speaking for myself I do not find the AR15 series of rifles / Carbines to have an "explosive recoil".
But for someone who :
Has never shot one before....
Never shot any gun before...
Has a non real experience based expectation of something...As in the only experience with something comes from books , movies , TV and video games...
Maybe comes into shooting with a varying degree of anti gun bias....

Then when shooting a AR15 , or any gun for that matter , their perception of the matter will differ greatly from mine.

Cultures change over time...
We are not the same in culture today as we were in 1776 , 1860 , 1944 , 1968 etc....
Values and cultural practices will also change over time....
Some values and practices will stay....others disappear...that is the nature of things.

With how pervasive media is today and just how fast information is shared and passed on....a change in culture that once took years...now seemly changes overnight...not really of course , but the change can occur at a much faster rate.
Andy

When you chose geology, what was your expectation for fields when you were finished?

That is an honest question, by the way, and not an attempt to mock your expectations. I ended up with 2 associate degrees that I only used for a couple of years before I ended up doing network engineering which I learned on the job.

elsie

When I was 18, all I really knew was I was really good at science and math, loved the outdoors, and had an opportunity to go to school without much debt. I didnt really think about the job market at all, I just liked geology, and the idea of doing a lot of work in the field. I wasn't really thinking about my future.

When I graduated, I moved to portland with my band to play music, wound up working for a body jewelry manufacturer just to pay rent, but within a few years, I was an engineer there making decent money.

It was a great experience, especially since I'm not in debt, but life is full of coulda woulda shouldas.

I'm glad I missed the troubles of today's youth! I'm 36 and grew up in a more prosperous time! A time where a kid could make $40 to $50k in their first year of full time employment just by doing things that people need and things people didn't wanna do for their selves! Crazy concept! Maybe working hard doubles that income before long?

Where a young man could marry a nice young woman by merely listening, responding thoughtfully, having manners, ambition, and goals (JOB = sexy)! A time where a couple could define common goals and save money and advance in their careers by showing some servitude, some gratitude, preparing with aptitude, and separate yourselves from the multitudes! All before 30!

Where a combined household income and smart money decisions and the delay of gratification could eventually net you a home, nice vehicles, boats, all the guns you can shoot! Especially when things get cheap during a recession! (Recession-proof jobs are nice).

A lot happened in the four years between when I was born and when you were born! Sorry people in your generation missed that boat by such a narrow margin!

BUT...a new era of prosperity is upon us. My 24 year old nephew did a little research and realized baby boomers were aging into nursing homes.....so he got a degree in healthcare management (not as interesting as Sociology or Feminist Studies) and makes $96k a year, all on his own! Since he watches the census, he knows that the glut of old boomers will eventually go dry and he'll use his management experience and continued education in another area of healthcare!

You just have to be willing to work hard, have some foresight, and put up with inconvenience like commuting or not spending $7 on a latte or $20 on beard wax, or thousands (!) of dollars in visible tattoos. Craft beer isn't necessary and no one wants to hire someone with a liberal arts degree (even from a non-resident or private school, you just paid more for it).

I'm talking about our generation, especially in pdx, not me specifically. I'm doing fine as a cnc engineer.

Any 20/30 year old in pdx with their crap together is an outlier.

Any 20/30 year old who grew up or lives in the sticks has a 1000% higher chance of getting their crap together.

You're a manly man if you think a .44 Mag is a kitten! :) I've been a .44 mag fan for a very long time, and own multiple S&W 29s,

I'm just a masochist, but thanks for the info. :)

Another reason I like this forum is not a single person has mentioned toxic masculinity yet.

My brother and I would compete for who could hold their hands in the fire longest when we were younger. We also would compete with spicy stuff. As I got older I won, I joke with my wife my mouth is too burnt to have taste buds anymore.

Some people enjoy pain and loud noises. My wife doesn't like the 44magnum, she doesn't mind the 44S&W though.

How much you wanna bet that the 1911 design will continue on long after the keltec pimple dries up, scabs up, and disappears?
Iron oxide fertilizer vs plastic floating in the ocean for our sea creatures to eat.

Toomato toemato.

While observing some of the differences in generations - here's another: Covering oneself in 'look at me - look at me' things like masses of tattoos in what's called 'public skin' by those in the biz and skewering oneself with holes and filling the holes with things like large safety pins or other dubious metal objects, disfiguring ears into old, mud flap looking things made of human skin and tissue, all with the goal of being thought unique, except for all the other knuckleheads doing the same thing...

Celebrity is not bought by permanent disfigurement, be it accomplished with wholesale ink placement all over one's body or junk metal filled punctures or tissue stretching.

Doing this sort of thing isn't accomplishment.

Anyone willing to spend a lot of money can look sad...and ridiculous covered in this diseased looking garbage.

Take the money spent on this and put it towards getting an education.

Last Edited:
Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews