JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm loading my first batch and I'm up to the expander die part. I'm loading .38 Special and using a 3 die set from Lee.
I can't get any flare, I've followed directions carefully backing out the locking ring and the expander ball then screwing down the die till it touches then with a case inserted I screwed down the expander plug till it touched, then I kept 1/4 turns while I checked the case with a bullet. I screwed it all the way down and still no flare! and the bullet won't enter the case and I have no more room to screw down the plug.
Am I doing something wrong?

ON the Lee website they don't show a combo set.Is yours for sure marked for both calibers?

My bad,did not read the fine print on their page,now I'm stumped too.

Last Edited:
Its a 38/357 die set from Lee. With the plug all the way down the cases are identical to unexpanded cases.

#1 - What markings are on the flare / expander die???
#2 - Is the die kissing the shellholder when the ram is at its highest position??
#3 - Can you attach a photo so we can see what's happening, so that we can diagnose?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top