JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In the remote chance that you own a Class 3 weapon, you can own it in WA, but you will not be able to use it.

Keith

That's true for silencers but not machine guns. WA outlaws all MG's and makes no provision for prior ownership moving into the state.

Any other semi auto legal in OR is legal in WA and you do not need to do any transfers.

I hope you're moving to Longview or somewhere further North. Those of us stuck between Kalama and the river are really nothing more than second hand Oregonions. Particularly if you happen to live in WA and work in OR :s0131:.

I hope you're moving to Longview or somewhere further North. Those of us stuck between Kalama and the river are really nothing more than second hand Oregonions. Particularly if you happen to live in WA and work in OR .

I moved to Vancouver from Florida. Does that make me a 2nd hand Floridian? :s0112:

Pack em up, toss em in the car/van/trailer, and come on up... and welcome.

There IS a significant advantage living in Washington and working in Oregon... no income tax, cheaper property tax, and you can pull off buying in Oregon and not even paying sales tax... although, according to law, buy a pair of twelve dollar britches in Oregon you are SUPPOSED to calculate the USE tax and forward it to the WA Revenue folks.... whuduz, though?

One more advantage... you can apply to an Oregon County Sheriff for an Oregon Concealed Handgun License (particularly if you already have a Resident permit in OR) as a non-resident..... ONLY states contiguous with Oregon can do this. But you MUST have a permit from your residence state to do so.

As to the arms themselves..... they're yours, no requrements whatever, no paperwork, no notice, no Mother May I...... except the federally registered REAL weapons... machine guns, etc.. "some resrtictions apply"...

Great info, thanks folks :)

I actually already have both my Oregon and Washington CHL and would be moving to NE Washington...Ferry county. I know I'll have to talk to both the Oregon Sheriff and the WA Sheriff about the CHLs when I move.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top