JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi all. I simply can not believe the crap I keep reading in the news. The folks in Washington seem to be on a crusade with a vengeance!

I am curious to hear opinions on what will most likely happen and how the laws could effect us...

First if "assault weapons" are banned like before, is it likely they would make it so we could not transfer our firearms to our children or family members or sell even through an FFL?

Second does anyone know in theory if they do make a new $200 tax and a no transfer policy, how long would that take til it was an in effect law?

Third does Obama really have the right to simply on his own accord just make a new law and ban certain firearms by bi passing congress and if he did could it be overturned by actual lawmakers?

Totally crazy that he is on this crusade, how many people have used an AR in a violent crime compared to how many responsible folks who own them?
I bet it is not even %1 compared to those who bought one and are used purely for sporting purposes. So where is the sense in that, simple, there is none!

Mainly I am curious to hear opinions on if a new law is created, typically how long it would be until it would take effect...?

Usually it takes a whole year to get something into the law. Then I've seen things to go in effect a year after as well. I.e. if stuff passes in 2013, it may go in effect Jan 1st, 2015. I believe they also have procedures for urgent stuff.

Usually it takes a whole year to get something into the law. Then I've seen things to go in effect a year after as well. I.e. if stuff passes in 2013, it may go in effect Jan 1st, 2015. I believe they also have procedures for urgent stuff.

Question-- After 9/11, how many days did it take until the Patriot Act was passed and acquired full force of law?

Question-- After 9/11, how many days did it take until the Patriot Act was passed and acquired full force of law?

I'm sure there is that info on wikipedia (I'm on my cell, don't feel like looking it up). From what I remember most congressmen didn't even have a chance to read a 800 page or something document before voting on it.

Crazier still is how many thousands of businesses will be shut down from all this B.S.

American, I have thought about that too, another reason why an AWB is wrong, people will lose their jobs and income.

I think this has very little to do with recent events, rather the shootings I believe are a catalyst for pre existing agenda.
I wish nothing would happen as it is them starting with an AWB and maybe someday we will end up like the UK. Boiling frog effect...

I hope it takes a while like fd15k said but Obama seems to be in a hurry so maybe he plans on immediate action.....man I hope not.

So here it is :

The first version of the Patriot Act was introduced into the House on October 2, 2001 as the Provide Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism (PATRIOT) Act of 2001, and was later passed by the House as the Uniting and Strengthening America (USA) Act (H.R. 2975) on October 12.

The USA PATRIOT Act, H.R. 3162, was introduced into the House on October 23. It incorporated H.R. 2975 and S. 1510 and many of the provisions of H.R. 3004 (the Financial Anti-Terrorism Act).

Passed the House on October 24, 2001 (Yeas: 357; Nays: 66)
Passed the Senate on October 25, 2001 (Yeas: 98; Nays: 1)
Signed into law by President Bush on October 26, 2001
Effective February 1, 2002

Looks like I was wrong about 800 page number in the Patriot Act, most numbers on the web circle around 342

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top