JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am really fed up with these pretenders’ squishy liberal taking points that mean nothing except to the low information voter. I am also done with this stupid distracting argument from the left about what Romney did in Mass on the AWB. That same argument now applys to Joe Biden who was one of the authors of the 1st AWB with Clinton. Yet the libs still voted him in, So now on record it is progressive libs or is it liberal progressives that have instituted two(2) AWB’s. So at this juncture how does anything a liberal have to say about our constitutional 2A rights ever relevant. BLA BLA BLA IF this offends anyone go tell someone who cares I have been offended for 4 yrs. Get over yourself.

Remember the last Midterm after Clintons AWB? History will repeat itself in 2014

“No one cheers more for a tyrant than the ones he enslaves”

What I have determined from observing the posts of many left-leaning members of this forum is:
- Their 2A support ranks right below government provided healthcare, free and unfettered access to abortion, redistribution of wealth, the "rich paying their fair share", the nanny state creating a "level playing field", and insert the liberal cause de jur – we'll get to the second amendment, just wait for it...
- That IF (not when) Obama gets his gun control (be it by fiat or by legislation) it will be because his hand was forced and he had to do it (not because he wanted to do it)
- That the fact that a typical liberal politician's fall back is always "guns are bad, mmm'kay" and they are just fine with that since nobody needs 30 rounds to do anything
- That "If Romney was elected we would all be outsourced right after he came to our house to take all our guns away (just like he did in Massachusetts)"
- If you don't agree with the administration's policies it's because you are a racist
- Unions, MSNBC, CNN and liberals are all good, Wal-Mart, Fox News and conservatives are all evil
- And my personal favorite, "Cite (usually spelled wrong) your specific survey, press story from anyone other than Fox, reference check, etc. that disagrees with me or I will continue to ignore the truth"

I'm sure I've missed a few. Feel free to pile on....

What I have determined from observing the posts of many left-leaning members of this forum is:

There was a huge influx of new leftist anti-gun members (claiming to be gunowners) over the past week.
It's like a huge festering Obama spore burst onto this site. Not sure which site initiated it, don't much care.

Jefferson said we should rewrite the constitution every 19 years.
Here's another Jefferson quote
"God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion.
The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is
wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts
they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions,
it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. ...
And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not
warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of
resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as
to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost
in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from
time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
It is its natural manure."

Tench Cox, founding father said it plain and in full:

The power of the sword, say the minority..., is in the hands of Congress. My friends and countrymen, it is not so, for The powers of the sword are in the hands of the yeomanry of America from sixteen to sixty. The militia of these free commonwealths, entitled and accustomed to their arms, when compared with any possible army, must be tremendous and irresistible. Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom. Congress has no power to disarm the militia. Their swords and every terrible implement of the soldier are the birthright of Americans. The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments but where, I trust in God, it will always remain, in the hands of the people.------The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

Fwiw ,I was in a gun shop here in clackamas and was talkin with the owner of the now bare walled shop(this was yesterday).He said he got a call from someone at the atf saying to him that he was not able to take any orders on firearms that he didn't have in stock ,just in case the prez puts together an executive decision....then he said he has no idea what he is going to do

ATF simply can not tell you if you can take an order on an item you don't have in stock. I suppose an ATF employee could call and recommend it out of courtesy, but that's about it. Of course if I get that call I will be sure to correct what I just said, but I don't see it happening.

When ever somebody wishes to discuss the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution which is an affirmation of the Right to keep and bear arms without infringement was not something that was granted by the government, but rather a Right that the people retained in agreeing to be governed.

In the past century over 51 million people have been murdered by their governments after gun control was instituted by those people government:

Ottoman Turkey 1915-1917 Armenia 1-1.5 million Gun Control Law 1866 Art 166 Penal Code
Soviet Union 1929-1953 Anti-communist 20 million Gun Control Law 1929 Art 182 Penal Code
Nazi Germany 1933-1945 Jew/Gypsies 13 Million Gun Control Law 1928 Fire Arm/Ammo Law 4/12 Weapon Law 3/16
China 1949-1952 Anti-communist 20 Million Gun Control Law 1935 Art 186-7 Penal Code
1957-1960 Rural Populations Gun Control Law 1957 Art 9 Security Law Oct 22
1966-1979 Pro-Reform Grp
Guatemala 1960-1961 Maya Indians 100,000 Gun Control Law 1871 Decree 36
1964 Decree 283 Oct 27
Uganda 1971-1979 Christian 300,000 Gun Control Law 1955 Firearms Ordinance
Political Rivals 1970 Firearms Act
Cambodia 1975-1979 Educated Persons 1 Million Gun Control Law 1956 Art 322-6 Penal Code
Rwanda 1994 800,000 Gun Control Law 1964 Law or 21 Nov 1964 on control of Firearms

In the above recount of the results of Gun Control Laws, anybody that is tempted to agree, or submit them selves to the violation of their basic rights, will probably have no problem if told they must sit in the back of the bus, only drink from a water fountain marked "gun owner only" or wear a star on an arm band....

While the loss of life of those 26 children and teacher last week was sad, to take away one of our most basic freedoms and seeing the results of gun control laws and the 51 million people that were killed as a result of gun control laws is totally out of proportion.
Would it not be better to violate the "Civil Rights" of a few criminals by disclosing metal illnesses, and forcing treatment, that violating the civil rights of millions of gun owners?

I am so sick of hearing the liberals trying to convince us that the founding fathers didn't REALLY mean what the 2A guarantees us. They ( the libs) act like the founding fathers never lived to see the 2 amendment in place and being used every day by the citizens of this great country.
If their intentions had been different don't you think these great men would not have come forward and said so.
Stop trying to B.S. me into believing your leftist crap. If you feel so strongly tha the 2A doesn't cover so called A.W. Then call the local T.V. Station and tell them " that as a concerned citizen your going to the police station to turn in you guns ."

adolf obama? and you wonder why we are treated like fringe lunatics?

You were asleep during 2000-2008 weren't you? Funny how some of the people I agreed with during that time about out of control government have now shut up that their man is in the white house.

When you find people who passionately state that the 2nd Amendment is out of date and needs to be revisited suggest in counter that you're fine with it if all of them - including their freedom of speech - are revisited. You find - quickly - that people tend to not like it when you suggest that it's not just all about them.

Hey Suge? Reading this post, in light of the other ones you have posted, puts your position in a whole new perspective for me.

It seems you are the epitome of the elitist leftist, that perpetually supports the argument against freedom and liberty, while practicing the "I've got mine, screw-the-rest-of-you" mentality.

Or are you going to be the first in line at the gun and mag turn-in at the police station/city hall/nat'l guard armory when the hammer (that you are wielding) falls?

The BOHICA doctrine spares no one, so be careful what you wish for.

For those that might believe that "a few reasonable restrictions are both necessary and correct"

Please give 1 example of where gun control was instituted and that society became a peaceful society free of gun crimes? Just one........

In my above post I gave specific examples of a number societies that in the name of "the public good" those laws were passed and they resulted in 57 million deaths.....so please just one simple example of success of gun control??

If the 2nd Amendment does not guarentee the right of the people to own a so called "assualt rifle" then surely the 1st amendment does not guarentee the people the right to sit in front of a keyboard and type their silly comments on a computer screen and then post them to the internet. Since no founding father could have ever invisioned our modern electronic communications systems.

And as to the totally silly crock of bubblegum that the 2nd amendment does not guarentee the people to own military stye weapons. At the time the Bill of Rights was written and rattified in 1791 the average farmer/planter/frontiersman/etc. would have owned a RIFLE a long barreled extremely accuarte RIFLE by deffinition a RIFLE has rifling. Rifling extends the accuracy and the range of a firearm. The Government and its tiny Military in 1791 was equiped with MUSKETS a firearm with a smoothbore with very limited accuarcy and range.

SO at the time the Bill of Rights was ratified the people had easily superiour weapons to the tiny Government paid military.

if it only required a simple one word answer the 2A wouldn't have been debated ad nauseam since it was written. I think 'well regulated militia' is obviously open to interpretation. I think people have a right to protect their homes and hunt for meat to provide for their family if they choose to do so. Its a tough sell to say we NEED 30 rnds mags to do either of those. Jefferson said we should rewrite the constitution every 19 years. I think that has some merit. I'm also not one to think the constitution is more or less infallible, what we should base every decision on, and something that withstands the test of time and should never be changed.

IMHO, a thorough reading of the Federalist Papers is in order. Hillsdale College also has excellent free online courses on the constitution. I have taken those classes and from what you've written, you appear to be a progressive. Clearly, our 2A rights were intended to protect the American people from the gov't.

Fwiw ,I was in a gun shop here in clackamas and was talkin with the owner of the now bare walled shop(this was yesterday).He said he got a call from someone at the atf saying to him that he was not able to take any orders on firearms that he didn't have in stock ,just in case the prez puts together an executive decision....then he said he has no idea what he is going to do

Can anyone verify this from other shop owners? Seems impossible, but these days anything seems possible.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top