Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Executive order gun control

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by joken, Dec 21, 2012.

1. joken

joken Corvallis Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Adolph Obama may use executive orders for gun control. Whether you agree with gun control or not, this should not be the thougnt process of the POTUS. This man has already stated that the legislative process interfers with things he wants to get done.The arrogance of that statement alone is frightening.
    I'm afraid that bad things could happen here in the USA.

Holder: executive actions to be considered on gun violence | Reuters

2. ShootFirst

ShootFirst Southern Oregon Active Member

He may not be the Anti-Christ, but he sure is the Constitution Executioner !

3. DMax

DMax Yamhill Well-Known Member

And yet the libard defenders will still justify the distruction of America. Just a bunch of 2A defender pretenders. Know you now why they don't want to address the mental illness issues it would reduce their voter base

PMKN_PI, fredball, aksu747 and 5 others like this.
  4. Suge206

Suge206 Seattle Active Member

adolf obama? and you wonder why we are treated like fringe lunatics?

5. akmewon

akmewon clackamas Active Member

Fwiw ,I was in a gun shop here in clackamas and was talkin with the owner of the now bare walled shop(this was yesterday).He said he got a call from someone at the atf saying to him that he was not able to take any orders on firearms that he didn't have in stock ,just in case the prez puts together an executive decision....then he said he has no idea what he is going to do

6. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

Policy by decree, gun control, an enigmatic leader rising in a time of depression and war, a cult like following willing to turn a blind eye and excuse anything? Yeah, no parallels there, don't know why he would make that comparison...

I still have a good feeling you are not a gun guy, quite possibly just here for propaganda (Goebbels), which is OK, we welcome all so long as you respect forum rules.

You say you have several AR15's, several being more than three, list the mfg's of at least three you own.

7. thedude8338

thedude8338 Portland New Member

Nice tactics, Ex-CIA? Special forces?

8. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

Cub scouts ;-)

aslinged and (deleted member) like this.
  9. eldbillbo

eldbillbo clackamas New world samurai and a redneck none the less Bronze Supporter

Take away the legislative process and what we have is a elected dictator.

10. Suge206

you really need to realize that anytime you use a Nazi reference in any argument not involving mass genocide that you look like a freak and immediately lose the argument.

11. dmancornell

dmancornell Portland, OR New Member

For a second I thought you were talking about FDR. LOL.

Grunwald and (deleted member) like this.
  12. joken

It seems a fair comparison and that was simply my motivation. Did you cry out when Christians were ridiculed for clinging to their guns and bibles? Some Jew's really thought they were going to the showers. I understand that this statement, although true, may be an unfair comparison, but the thought pattern is not unlike a liberal thinking obama wouldn't ever take his guns. I have heard it over and over here and even now some folks are in denial or even worse, silent about what's going on.

FortRock and (deleted member) like this.
  13. U201494

U201494 Well-Known Member

One simple question requiring a one word answer:
    Do you support our Second Amendment as it is written? Yes or No?

14. Spray-n-pray

Spray-n-pray Battle Ground Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

Quite possibly the single most ignorant statement ever issued on this forum. And that is saying quite a lot.

Congratulations, sir!

15. Suge206

if it only required a simple one word answer the 2A wouldn't have been debated ad nauseam since it was written. I think 'well regulated militia' is obviously open to interpretation. I think people have a right to protect their homes and hunt for meat to provide for their family if they choose to do so. Its a tough sell to say we NEED 30 rnds mags to do either of those. Jefferson said we should rewrite the constitution every 19 years. I think that has some merit. I'm also not one to think the constitution is more or less infallible, what we should base every decision on, and something that withstands the test of time and should never be changed.

Sling Blade and (deleted member) like this.
  16. U201494

U201494 Well-Known Member

You used 121 words to say "No".
    Most of us do not debate it, we understand it.
    It is apparent why you slithered onto our forum.

bcdon, joken, PMKN_PI and 5 others like this.
  17. joken

Without God and the Constitution, who gets to define right from wrong or just what an inalienable right might be. Who would it be? Please tell me.

FortRock and (deleted member) like this.
  18. Karma

Karma the woods in Oregon Active Member

No, it is not open to interpretation. The second amendment was not written to guarantee hunting rights. I you like to read Jeffersons writings, you should know that. . Some like to argue that the second amendment is antiquated, but i would argue that we need it now more than ever.

One more thing. If you can't argue any reason why we need AR's and high capacity magazines, then why do you have them?

Grunwald and (deleted member) like this.
  19. Grunwald

Grunwald Out of that nut job colony of Seattle, WA Well-Known Member

Ever since I've recovered from state sponsored brainwashing, I've been saying that FDR was a fascist. Thousands of Japanese descent Americans wll agree with me

Douglas and (deleted member) like this.
  20. Grunwald

Grunwald Out of that nut job colony of Seattle, WA Well-Known Member

You really need to understand how thing were phrased back the. The portion about the militia is called a preamble. It is writer's foreplay, and does not in any way shape or form restrict what the main text says.
    They could have said "Harvesting fruit with ladders from tall trees being dangerous, ...."

The Declaration of Independence also has a preable. However, no matter what they say in it, it has no impact on the fact that the King of England is told to screw himself and the colonies are now independent.