JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Exclusive: After Westgate, Interpol Chief Ponders 'Armed Citizenry' - ABC News

"Interpol Secretary General Ronald Noble said today the U.S. and the rest of the democratic world is at a security crossroads in the wake of last month's deadly al-Shabab attack at a shopping mall in Nairobi, Kenya – and suggested an answer could be in arming civilians...'

I probably shouldn't hold my breath waiting for this to happen, though...:p

We already do that here. But what I read said the gunman shot their way in through armed security outside the mall so how would a security perimeter (which they already breeched) have done any good?

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

The main issue I see is how violent individuals are dealt with. Unfortunately, most of the world has followed the ridiculous "PC" mindset that we need to treat gun toting maniacs with "respect and courtesy, who knows....maybe they could even be rehabilitated?"
We need to follow the lead of other countries that gun these psychos down on sight. When the criminal body count and KIA's gets high enough, the criminal element might start to take notice..

When it comes to soft targets the only logical conclusion one can come to is that advocting for gun free zones is tantamount to aiding and abetting those evil sons-of-bucks who would try to perpetrate violence on helpless victims. I am all for minimizing helpless potential victims and increasing the odds that an evil d-bag will be facing multiple front sights aligned on their center mass.

The Israelis can't be completely wrong!! Make it mandatory that everyone in the country be armed and do two years in the military!!

Almost everybody.:)
Can you see pelosi and biden armed.....
Dont stand behind any doors.
Since they and those like them want everyone but themselves disarmed, they should never be armed. Let them drink their own urine.

The Israelis can't be completely wrong!! Make it mandatory that everyone in the country be armed and do two years in the military!!

The Israelis are partially wrong.

While Israel may require mandatory service, and many active duty IDF members are allowed to carry in public (with LOTS of restrictions), the average citizen in Israel is SOL.

You might be able to own ONE pistol in Israel, after you prove that you need it for some reason. Even then, good luck ever carrying it or using it in your own self-defense.

Israel has adopted many of the same gun control policies that their fellow dual-citizenship Jewish politicians such as Feinstein, Bloomberg, Boxer, and Schumer so actively promote here in the USA. No surprise really.

When asked how they feel about "never again," they would probably reply "never what again?"

My bet is that Mr. Noble will be pressured for his resignation very soon now...

"You suggested WHAT?! Arming the PEASANTS?! My God, do you REALIZE what they could DO to US with that?!"

Even the teachers walk around with SELECT FIRE firearms slung on their shoulders there......

121217_armedteachers.jpg

Even the teachers walk around with SELECT FIRE firearms slung on their shoulders there......

Select fire? Nope, that is only IDF. While a teacher may be able to carry a rifle, Israel firearms ownership is still heavily regulated.

If you see something like the photo pictured above, it's also likely that the rifle was loaned by the school.

Living in a place where all of your neighbors are constantly trying to kill you does necessitate that sort of thing, but given that fact it is bewildering that Israel isn't absolutely swimming with OC/CC citizens.

Oh wait, their politicians have basically outlawed it. Just like they want to do in the US.

Select fire? Nope, that is only IDF. While a teacher may be able to carry a rifle, Israel firearms ownership is still heavily regulated.

If you see something like the photo pictured above, it's also likely that the rifle was loaned by the school.

Living in a place where all of your neighbors are constantly trying to kill you does necessitate that sort of thing, but given that fact it is bewildering that Israel isn't absolutely swimming with OC/CC citizens.

Oh wait, their politicians have basically outlawed it. Just like they want to do in the US.

No a teacher on afield trip with he students was shown carrying a weapon of the type I described. I believe many here saw the image in the story. Was around the time of the last idiot school shooting.
I will see if I can find it again.

We already do that here. But what I read said the gunman shot their way in through armed security outside the mall so how would a security perimeter (which they already breeched) have done any good?

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

Wonder what would have happened if a bunch of shoppers were armed?
Imagine after they breached the first line and began to spread out.
Reduced one by one as they encountered concealed carriers.

That guy has an interesting take on the issue about Isreal arming their teachers (or not, as he indicates). He seems to be rational and open for discussion. Whether they are protected by armed gaurds or teachers may be important for the "environment" that is created for learning, but most people are not opposed to having additional training for teachers specifically armed by/for the schools. I don't think it should be required, but it should definitly be enouraged and paid for.

In America???? Do you know what kind of a ruckus this would cause with the 1%ers??? OMG, little Edmund cannot possibly spend 2 years away from Catholic school...
You would get so much flack from the liberals saying it is against the Constitution (OMG they might actually admit we have one)!!!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top