JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The Ship Captain’s Medical Guide is intended primarily for use on ships where no doctor is carried and it is necessary for laymen to assess and treat injuries and to diagnose and treat ill health. The Guide can also be recommended for use in other situations where professional medical advice is not readily available, for example on expeditions.

Ships Captain's Medical Guide

Know any other downloadable medical guide resources available for download?

Primary Surgery

this site is compiled by primarily german doctors for 3rd world doctor who do not have access to extensive medical supplies.
This is another excellent read for treating multiple types of truama for the us "laymens"

The Ship Captain's Medical Guide is very good. However it often refers to treatment options from pharmaceuticals carried by registered ships, which includes prescription drugs, which most of us will not have access to in an emergency.

I have found "Where There Is No Doctor" and "Where There Is No Dentist" (from the Hesparian.org website) along with "The Barefoot Doctor" are better resources for most grid-down situations. Google around and you can find a copy to download.

FYI, for the Primary Surgery link I get a message that the site has been permanently deactivated and get redirected to dropbox.com, which is a site I detest.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top