JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Really good fuel cans are getting hard to come by these days, especially ones that do not leak. I have to date purchased several of these Mil Surplus Fuel Cans, they are excellent. They do not make excessive noise like older metal cans; they have no static electrical spark issues being 100% plastic; they are good for Diesel and MOGAS.

Here is the link from the EBAY vendor that I have dealt with (there are others, do your own comparison shopping).

Used Military Scepter MFC 5 Gallon Fuel Gas Jerry Can Lot of 4 | eBay

Here is a link for a company that sells replacement gaskets (a must have) and replacement, color coded cap bands (there are other vendors, feel free to comparison shop).

JAGMTE

I have used these on numerous off road runs, never a leak, never a problem (after replacing the seals). I have stored them on their sides, full for considerable periods, also with no leaks.

If you are in need of a high quality, fair priced fuel can, hopefully, this will fill your needs.

They should be a lot cheaper, but the scepter military fuel cans are not carb compliant so you can't buy them new in the states I think. I have two of the military water cans made by lci that are the same durable quality as the scepters and I love them. I plan on getting some gas cans like these once I have a safe place to store multiple gas cans.(apartment living sucks)

There are not many options (that I have been able to find). I have a horde of the older BLITZ MIL-SPEC cans, but towards the end when the EPA was hot on their train, the price skyrocketed. From my perspective, it's about capability. I want each rig to have enough fuel in cans to make the one way trip to the American Redoubt with about a 25% capacity to spare for detours. I do own a functional calculator, and understand that the price is high, but...it's kind of like the cost of primers right now, I remember paying $16.00/1000...I remember when Budweiser was $4.00/case but...people laugh at me when I mention that.

The Scepter MFCs are awesome cans, however as has been pointed out, they cannot be sold commercially in the states. LCI is owned by the same company that owns Scepter, so the water cans you get from LCI are the same water-cans the military gets. However the MWCs (military water cans) should not be filled with fuel, as the seals are not good enough, also none of the fueling accessories from the MFCs fit on the water cans.

OTOH you can buy the scepter MFCs in canada, which is fairly close to washington.... just sayin.

The Deutsche-optik cans are top-notch, they are the same as the 25L MFCs everyone was buying some years ago (before CARB caught on). Only difference is they are kinda shiny, whereas the originals are kinda've a dull-flat finish. All the accessories fit, however you're not supposed to put anything but water in those cans *wink wink*.

I have used 6 gal outboard motor tanks for years. Not as tippy and they used to be dirt cheap. With the hose all I used to have to do is connect it to the fuel line in an emergency. The 18 gal ones worked even better but were very expensive.

I should probably point out, there is a WORLD of difference between the scepter MFCs and the metal cans. The MFCs and the metal cans are designed to actually hold pressure, this keeps the gas from going bad, something the cheap PE gas cans you buy at walmart for filling up your lawnmower are simply incapable of doing. A real gas can is something worth spending dollars on, the cheap BS cans leak, spill gas, and mostly don't work for much more than buying a gallon of gas, bringing it home and using it to mow the lawn.

AMPRODUCTS has a very valid point. I store my SPECTRE Mil Fuel Cans (with a new gasket) on their side, flat in my Land Slug to keep the center of gravity low. They never, never leak. Period. They routinely withstand my two little girl rottweillers sitting on them under their dog bed in the Land Slug.

A little secret I found out about last weekend.....look really hard at St. Vinnie\'s, Goodwill and junk stores in rural area's. I picked up three jerry cans for $10 ea. Make sure to really look at the lower third of the can for rust, punctures, etc. My three were is good shape, one looking like it never had any type of fuel in it.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top