JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

After reading this would you trust your life to a Sig Sauer product?

• Total voters
Don't own a Sig and probably will not. Another is the S&W M&P .40. Son-in law's averages 1 miss-feed per mag. I'll stick with my CZ P06 in .40 or Glock 19. I know they will go bang when I want them to. :)

Ok after years it has come to this....

I have bought many Sig Sauer products and HAD a couple more in mind! Until this...

I do range time with family members. Most of the training is provided by Veterans/LEO family members. Others are welcome. BUT its not your standard range and being private property, and in a very gun friendly state.

The pistol I run is the beloved of our group. People have other guns, but this one stood out as a must have. WAS always reliable.... Sig is legendary right? We all thought so...

I only griped about the slide being hard to relese because this is the first time ever I had a gun that needed such force to move the lever. I am a strong guy and sometimes it was a little tough, at times I had to tap it with my offhand while pressing with my thumb to get it to let go of the slide. Reminder penciled in to buy a GOOD ONE ASAP.

So in the middle of a crazy drill and coordinated movement with the others in the team, suddenly my Sig Scorpion locks up. Lost one of the super spendy Sig mags, and total lock up.

Had this happened because I am a 45 guy I know after the first round discharged (Center Mass hit of course) he would be down and out. And yes I hit CM first shot....

However in this drill going from rifle to pistol and engaging multipal targets, I am left UNARMED!

No getting the slide to let go, No matter how hard I tried or how, the gun was lockedup.
Guess its going to be my weapon... Pistol flies into the second targetonly partially passing through the cardboard and lodging in it. My fixed bladed knife stuck into target 3, and holding my bubblesNgunz for number 4...

Had this happened during a crime, I would be dead. Why I buy Sig is for the Quality. I was still a fan at that point. Frustrated, and only part way through a 2 day event, I an sitting on the sidelines with a gun that was 2-3-4 times what everyone else spent on theirs. While they are still shooting.

At the end of the party and after all the hugs and goodbyes I get my gun to the work bench. After getting the sand out of it (remember it locking up and turning into a flying projectile....) and a rubber mallet I get the slide back to where I can thump it out to take it down... Oh and at this time of inspection I find that the slide is ALL the way back, and the Slide Release isnt even hooked into the slide...

So I get it apart and inspect the SR, nothing overtly amiss. I call Sig.

OGFREAKING Deities! The guy I talk with starts yelling at me. telling me I am

I have bought many Sig Sauer products and HAD a couple more in mind! Until this...

I do range time with family members. Most of the training is provided by Veterans/LEO family members. Others are welcome. BUT its not your standard range and being private property, and in a very gun friendly state.

The pistol I run is the beloved of our group. People have other guns, but this one stood out as a must have. WAS always reliable.... Sig is legendary right? We all thought so...

I only griped about the slide being hard to relese because this is the first time ever I had a gun that needed such force to move the lever. I am a strong guy and sometimes it was a little tough, at times I had to tap it with my offhand while pressing with my thumb to get it to let go of the slide. Reminder penciled in to buy a GOOD ONE ASAP.

So in the middle of a crazy drill and coordinated movement with the others in the team, suddenly my Sig Scorpion locks up. Lost one of the super spendy Sig mags, and total lock up.

Had this happened because I am a 45 guy I know after the first round discharged (Center Mass hit of course) he would be down and out. And yes I hit CM first shot....

However in this drill going from rifle to pistol and engaging multipal targets, I am left UNARMED!

No getting the slide to let go, No matter how hard I tried or how, the gun was lockedup.
Guess its going to be my weapon... Pistol flies into the second targetonly partially passing through the cardboard and lodging in it. My fixed bladed knife stuck into target 3, and holding my bubblesNgunz for number 4...

Had this happened during a crime, I would be dead. Why I buy Sig is for the Quality. I was still a fan at that point. Frustrated, and only part way through a 2 day event, I an sitting on the sidelines with a gun that was 2-3-4 times what everyone else spent on theirs. While they are still shooting.

At the end of the party and after all the hugs and goodbyes I get my gun to the work bench. After getting the sand out of it (remember it locking up and turning into a flying projectile....) and a rubber mallet I get the slide back to where I can thump it out to take it down... Oh and at this time of inspection I find that the slide is ALL the way back, and the Slide Release isnt even hooked into the slide...

OGFREAKING Deities! The guy I talk with starts yelling at me. telling me I am an idiot and know nothing of guns, and that he is a gunsmith. Nothing wrong and I know it all... Hang on, call center dude is a gunsmith? Must be a bottomfeeding Bubba GoneWild gunsmith... He refuses to forward the call to a manager.. Claims he is one....

I call back and get a different and very amazing Customer Service Agent, who knows nothing about guns he just deals with warranties. Ships a box and has it repaired and makes sure the customer receives it. He passes me on to the manager.

Manager is nice and definitely says send it in I cant tell anything about it until its in hand. Week wait and I call back, Where is the box/tag? Oh they didnt send it... Grrr...
Week 2 it finally "gets" there".
Week 3 ?....
Week 4 end of the week. Pretty much a full month later I get a call back. Oh your mag release is sticky. (Duh!) We replaced the Slide Release because its a new version and well we would really like you to have both of them. Oh and when we used Sig Vs Wilson Combat mags the Sig ones always malfunctioned, so buy Wilson mags.. (Thoughtfully provided me with the SKU number for them!)

Now I got this new slide releaase.... Picture provided with the old one next to it.View attachment 265001

I am sorry Sig. I am through with you. Never again! Now funny thing is that day a Hipoint kept going... Glock kept going... After the Horrible and idiotic customer service by the manager and his call center (one cool guy excluded).

I have always thought about how high Sig was in quality. Never again. I would rather buy Hipoint (shudders) than Sig now. Comping from multiple owner of sig 1911's and P220's. Now the entire collection is gone. The family has also become scared to buy Sig. We bought lots of Ruger, and a couple taurus.

I warned the manager that I was totally unhappy about everything about how Sig handled this. I got a "Who cares?" from him. OK! Who cares? Well I am sure that more than just me is going to be effected by this.

I warned quite a few people and we are all through with Sig. We will take our money to a company that values our Biz! Ruger, Taurus, Savage, and many other call centers are amazing in the customer service. I have had care packages with goodies show up jsut to make me think of them. I have had call backs from these companies checking in to make sure everything went well after I got my toys back...

Sig tells me pretty much to throw away the other mag.

So anyone here have the measurement devices to check the Slide Release so I can find out what happened? Since Sig says nothing "happened".

I will never trust my life to another Sig product again.

an idiot and know nothing of guns, and that he is a gunsmith. Nothing wrong and I know it all... Hang on, call center dude is a gunsmith? Must be a bottomfeeding Bubba GoneWild gunsmith... He refuses to forward the call to a manager.. Claims he is one....

I call back and get a different and very amazing Customer Service Agent, who knows nothing about guns he just deals with warranties. Ships a box and has it repaired and makes sure the customer receives it. He passes me on to the manager.

Manager is nice and definitely says send it in I cant tell anything about it until its in hand. Week wait and I call back, Where is the box/tag? Oh they didnt send it... Grrr...
Week 3 ?....
Week 4 end of the week. Pretty much a full month later I get a call back. Oh your mag release is sticky. (Duh!) We replaced the Slide Release because its a new version and well we would really like you to have both of them. Oh and when we used Sig Vs Wilson Combat mags the Sig ones always malfunctioned, so buy Wilson mags.. (Thoughtfully provided me with the SKU number for them!)

Now I got this new slide releaase.... Picture provided with the old one next to it.View attachment 265001

I am sorry Sig. I am through with you. Never again! Now funny thing is that day a Hipoint kept going... Glock kept going... After the Horrible and idiotic customer service by the manager and his call center (one cool guy excluded).

I have always thought about how high Sig was in quality. Never again. I would rather buy Hipoint (shudders) than Sig now. Comping from multiple owner of sig 1911's and P220's. Now the entire collection is gone. The family has also become scared to buy Sig. We bought lots of Ruger, and a couple taurus.

I warned the manager that I was totally unhappy about everything about how Sig handled this. I got a "Who cares?" from him. OK! Who cares? Well I am sure that more than just me is going to be effected by this.

I warned quite a few people and we are all through with Sig. We will take our money to a company that values our Biz! Ruger, Taurus, Savage, and many other call centers are amazing in the customer service. I have had care packages with goodies show up jsut to make me think of them. I have had call backs from these companies checking in to make sure everything went well after I got my toys back...

So anyone here have the measurement devices to check the Slide Release so I can find out what happened? Since Sig says nothing "happened".

OGFREAKING Deities! The guy I talk with starts yelling at me. telling me I am an idiot and know nothing of guns, and that he is a gunsmith. Nothing wrong and I know it all... Hang on, call center dude is a gunsmith? Must be a bottomfeeding Bubba GoneWild gunsmith... He refuses to forward the call to a manager.. Claims he is one....

Week 3 ?....

If the changed the slide release they had problems with the older one. Your probably not the only one who had this problem with the release! Also, I do not like automatics that have the ejector on the outside.(Sig) They seem to break a lot.

I don't see an appropriate reply so I am unable to vote. The appropriate reply missing is that I will continue to trust my life to my Sig P220 Scorpion because it eats everything I feed it without fail and always hits the spot I point it at. Every time without fail. If my life must depend on it then that is what it must do for me to trust it. I'll note though that like any other manufacturer they have good models and occasionally lessor ones and there is also occasionally a problem even with the good ones. This is why we have warranties, and customer service, and repair shops. We know and so does the manufacturer that once in awhile there will be a problem. Was the response great from customer service? Apparently not, however in the end they apparently made it right. That is better than I have had from many companies. On the other hand I have had better. Once again though like anything else your going to get good and bad experiences from time to time. It happens. Based on what I see I have no reason to change my opinion of either the firearm (Sig P220) I trust all day, every day, or even the company it comes from. If you want to talk about crappy customer service lets talk about Comcast, or Sprint, or ATT. Or? I can go on. Best thing to do is to make a formal complaint about the service along with details so they can perhaps fix it so that the next person gets better service. If you don't then they have no way to know it's a problem.

None of it really matters. It's all pretty humorous to be honest.

You had a malfunction, after TWO YEARS! you sent it to Sig, had to wait *gasp* a month, and they replaced parts for free? ohhh the horror! :eek:

You then get upset that they didn't lavish praise and kiss your bubblegum, come on the forums to talk smack about the company and its pointed out repeatedly that all companies make mistakes etc.

You still lament on how horrible the company is and how you told so many people about it and how your friends and family will never touch a Sig and blah blah blah

:s0013:

It doesn't matter.

Also, I AM a Sig fanboy, because after decades of using them, I trust them. I am not naïve enough to think that because a part breaks or is not working properly that a whole manufacturing company is crap.

I also don't buy that the CSR called you names, I feel like he probably just wasn't swallowing your BS like you expect everyone else to. But that's just a hunch.

I carry a Glock every day, because they work, every time, and if it gets confiscated I am only out 500 dollars. Perhaps, if you are so bent over "spending 1,000.00 on a handgun that doesn't work" you should grab that Hi point or Glock if you are feeling adventurous, and not have to deal with the buyers remorse after using a handgun as daily carry for 2 years, then needing to replace a part?

Buy a Glock, man.

Hopefully, (s)he becomes another Hi-Point customer for life. All (s)he'll need to do is learn how to shoot with the pistol slanted 90 degrees to one side or the other. Piece of cake...

I've found this is the most common 1911 problem..:)

image.jpg

Had to deal with the fine folks at COLT a few times, nothing but the highest regard for them! They went way beyond any thing I could have expected and handled my issues quickly and honestly! I get cards and little gifts from them every year, hand signed by the folks that actually care!

I know about crappy customer service, ever deal with Bench Made knives? There customer service is so frickin bad, I tossed my broken knife in the trash next to there "customer service" desk! Life time warranty, more like tail light warranty! They made no offer to help resolve my issue what so ever, I was told that they could do nothing because my knife was no longer made. No offer was made to replace it with something like it, or any sort of compromise! Makes you wonder if any one really cares about there customers after a sale...............I do know one here in Oregon, Leatherman!!!! Always ready and willing to help and always have a few freebiees to hand out for the trouble, very first rate folks to deal with, and they actually stand behind what they make and sell!

Week 3 ?....

I have had several Sigs and non

Week 3 ?....

I have owned several Sigs and no longer do so. I also had issues with the warranty as they refuse to accept responsibility for the weapon saying it is the operators fault. The sigs are very well machined but jam, the Colts I own do not and have not ever jammed, I have had a couple of stovepipes due to not cleaning the gun after several shooting sessions. I personally do not care for the Glock, not to say anything bad but I prefer the Colts and believe it or not the Berretta's have worked very well.

I have never had any issues with Colt's or Glocks, or Berettas! I was issued my first M9 back in 1988 and used it untill it was replaced by a Glock in 93. My self and members of my team requested something in .45 and our armorer procured M1911's from Colt! As fa as I know, these were some of the first Delta Elites issued! We all loved them and carried them every day! I retired after 25 years, and went to Colt and purchased a twin to my issue side arm, I have never once regretted that! I never, never ever had a failure with any of my side arms be it the M9, the Glock, or the Colt!!! I have talked with several former team mates that have been issued Sig pistols, and every one has had issues with them ( the H-K too) Based on that, I would never recommend a Sig for personal carry, Most civilians are not properly trained to handle a failure, and the few than do get trained learn to live with a Glock, a 1911, or a Beretta! Personally, I would choose a hi cap Glock or one of the new double stack Para Ord 1911 in .45 or 10mm! NOT A 9MM in any flavor, we had a lot of "wingers" that didn't go down because of 9mm while the .45 cured that problem!:cool:

It's really simple ( Now that you have learned your lessons) If you really want a 1911 pistol, and you feel you are ready to handle the unique requirements that go with the 1911 platform Get a COLT!!!! No one has more experience with them then Colt, NOBODY! Sure, there are others that make fine copies of the legendary Browning design, but Colt has been building these for ever, and there customer service department are really first rate people that care! Call ahead if you are going to be in the area and you can take a tour of the assembly shop where these are made!!!

Being a Sig owner and owner of flawless police issue one that is pre-ban.
I am a big fan and never have had failure on the over decade old piece.

These are the guns however I have had jam to the point of needing repairs.
Glock, Taurus ( several times with Taurus). Smith and Wesson, Winchester,
Colt to name a few. Now I own several of those brands too that work flawless. Wife has a
SW 9mm Shield there are reports in the 40SW having mag issues but not the 9mm this one she has works flawless.

I can just imagine the frustration of paying top dollar for a Sig and have it fail.
But at the same time you can search the world wide web and find very few instances of fatal flaws in a Sig. So I have to say this the exception not the rule to Sig Owner ship. And as you can see I have had some well name brands and expensive arms fail. Does matter it it was a Taurus PT-22 or SW Body Guard they can fail they are machines. I have a car that is listed for issues on the net, those issues knock on wood have never happened. If you are looking for a gun guaranteed not to fail in and emergency I do not know of one, I know many have great warranties especially Taurus. Gun manufactures know people rely often on the firearm working when needed. They do their best to ensure test and test, and more test are done to ensure the percentage of fail is very very low. Sig is a great service weapon used every day by LE's in the USA. Hopefully this bad experience will eventually leave you with and open mind that no gun is perfect. If they make one I will buy on on the spot. :)

The fact the firearm acted rough and was hard to move makes me think it was not a failure but a flaw that was there before it failed.

Given the apparent poor quality and lack of "customer support" that Sig Sauer provides, this seems the next logical step for this situation.

I may even trade all mine in as well. But I don't have time today, my truck broke and I have to sell it instead of fix it and then find a whole new manufacturer to buy from, because if one has a problem, well....you know how it goes.

o_O

I think the real problem falls between ''You catch more flies with sugar''

And ''90% of the people don't care about your problems. And the other 10% are glad you have them.'' :s0140:

I don't know? I would have just fixed it myself. :s0092:

So I'll weigh in with my first need to call SIG support, which occurred on Thursday and led to a follow-up today. I picked up my Legion P226 in .40, and noticed the slide release was just a mother to return the slide forward. We're talkin' "I now have a blood blister on my thumb." Some of that is just having soft thumbs, but side-by-side with my P229 Combat and every other semi I've owned or do own, this has been horrible.

I called SIG when I registered it and they gave me the BS of "well, shoot it and see if it loosens up" which I think we *all* know is funny. But they also said, "but we're happy to RMA it and make sure it's functioning properly. Just let us know what you'd like to do." I told them I'd shoot it Saturday and call them Monday (today) - I also took it to CaR (since I had to pick up my DPM guide rod for my P229) and they said, "yeah, that's not right." I put a box through it, same problem (as expected) and called them today. They emailed me the RMA shipping label almost immediately.

Support-wise, they were nice enough both times to talk to me - as long as they fix it and return it in proper order, I'm okay with it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top