JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
One of the tactics that Everytown uses to try and garner public support is to produce "studies" showing the number of firearm that supposedly pass thru to felons without a background check. They take a tiny sliver of truth, like one bad post out of tens of thousands, and then extrapolate that into a major pandemic where one does not exist. They recently tried this in Vermont, but got caught and now could potentially be headed for legal action.

So good for Vermont, but expect Everytown to try the same here in Oregon, if they haven't already. Chances are, they did make up half the study (a sliver of truth to the lie), so I thought it worth reminding/warning people to be on the lookout for shady sellers/buyers as it just might be a troll for Everytown.

I hope they do take them to court and win. Not just win, but win BIG TIME!

Unfortunately, if it's a Bloomberg-backed organization, it'll be "dropped" or "settled out of court for an undisclosed sum". This is not the press that he or his constituents want. They want to take people head on (think Washington State) and fight a dirty fight. This, with Crossfire Arms, was a blatant lie, with a little defamation of character and libel thrown in.

Go get 'em Crossfire!!!

Just saw this update. Not only have they been caught, but apologized (but doubling down on their original claim). Don't let them get away with burring the story!

Bookmark this for the next three months. Anytime you hear a claim from Mayors/Everytown/Moms Demand, bring this up (along with the list of other things).

"Isn't that the group that got caught about (pick one of the following):
[# of school shootings, 40% background checks, online purchase estimated (this story), listing mayors supporting gun-control when they didn't, claiming one of the Boston bombers as a gun-violence victim, trying to insinuate that 9 toddlers are killed everyday by guns and ignoring that it's top heavy in gang violence deaths, ...etc].

Phillip Morris also tried to pass a report that smoking was good for your health, so I don't believe a word this lobby group is pushing". And the best part is, it wouldn't be stretching the truth like the gun-control side does.

Barry the obamanation lies everyday and gets away with it. All his little demokkkRat minions feel empowered to follow in his footsteps and do the same,,,

That is all these gun control bozos do is lie. The 594 supporters never said 594 was about gun control, but gun safety. They know that if they came out in the open they would be fried. Just like the animal rights crazies. Obama says he supports the Second Amendment, the gun control community says that support the right to keep and bear arms, they just want to keep guns out of criminals hands. All these people do is lie.

I hope they sue the pants off them and that any other dealer involved sues wins and somehow is able to blast it all over the news and the internet. Making sure that they show that they lied (all ready proven) and that they falsified the numbers.

I know I am dreaming but I can always hope.

The articles are pretty weak since the numbers are still significant after the retractions. Latching on to their inflated numbers is missing the point of their argument. The insinuation is that people can somehow reach into their computers and retrieve a gun. The fact is that a face to face meeting is still required or you must use an FFL since. you cannot legally ship a gun, that is not owned by the receiver, to someone other than an FFL. These are not exactly "internet sales" in the normal sense. Remember, it is still illegal to sell a firearm to a felon or for a felon to posses one.

IMO, simply calling them liars for inflating statistics is a weak argument. We need to be going for the jugular here and not nibbling on their little toes.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top