1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Everytown event at Senator Cantwell's office July 1 - can you make it?

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by 8ball, Jun 27, 2014.

1. 8ball

8ball WA Quit talkin' and start chalking!

I will probably attend. I encourage other responsible firearm owners to attend, and politely and respectfully share their views with our State Senator.

• When:
      Tuesday, 01 July, 11 AM
    • Where:
      Office of Senator Maria Cantwell
      915 2nd Avenue, Suite 3206
      Seattle, WA 98174
    You will need to put the dot back before the org in the web address - I'd prefer not to hotlink it.
  2. BlakeStone

BlakeStone Everett, WA Member

Don't waste your time, she's one of Them and needs to be voted out of office.
  3. Capn Jack

Capn Jack Wet-Stern Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

WHAT HE SAID....Retire them both...Demo Party Line is all they know...:mad:
  4. tiggers97

tiggers97 United States Well-Known Member

I use to think that way as well. But any politician HATES negative press and controversy. they would rather rainbows and unicorns and flying fairies around their heads.
    Show up, and it's a shower on their parade.
    Don't show up, and they think they are even more empowered as no one feels strong enough about the issue (in their mind)
    NWGlockgal, Riot and bnsaibum like this.
  5. bnsaibum

bnsaibum Corvallis, OR Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer

What tiggers said. There's got to be a few WA residents with intelligence, passion, a quick wit, and a sharp and civil tongue to be the fly in the ointment for them.
  6. timberfaller

timberfaller East Wenatchee, WA Member

Both are a waste of time and space! All they have ever sent me were "computer" generated form letters that NEVER answered the "questions" a put forth to both of them over the years.

I've even called their offices NO help there either, just more "computer" generated form letters!!

They should have been recalled years ago! BUT Washington LIV'S keep putting them back in!
  7. Riot

Riot Benton County, Washington Well-Known Member

The issue isn't showing up or not showing up, it's if you DO show up you should try to make sure you stand out from the Everytown crowd (i.e. hold a banner, carry a firearm, etc.), make sure you are showing a bit of tact (not screaming, threatening, etc.) and that you dress appropriately (suit and tie, ect.).

If you show up in BDUs, open carry and have a sign that says "You can take my gun after I give you the bullets" you're going to be an Everytown posterchild.

We need more people wearing suits and ties, carrying the American flag and banners that say "I'm not a terrorist, so stop treating me like one."

Just Saying
    Sun195, GrpCapMandrake and bnsaibum like this.
  8. revjen45

revjen45 Snohomish County Well-Known Member

I don't even own a suit or tie, but I sure wouldn't show up looking like the Volkssturm.
  9. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Well, then, find a viable candidate to run against her, drum up statewide support and few million dollars in campaign contributions, and do it.

otherwise, you're just poking holes in the air with your indignant digit.
    bnsaibum, GrpCapMandrake and Riot like this.
  10. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Cantwell is a UNITED STATES senator.

‘Everytown’ anti-gunners to dump mail at Cantwell’s office Tuesday

This week, according to MSNBC, gun prohibitionists will dump some 2.5 million postcards at the offices of U.S. senators and representatives across the country, and that includes Washington’s junior Senator Maria Cantwell, tomorrow at 11 a.m.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2014