JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wait a minute, at 22:38 he says about prohibition that "10,000 deaths caused by deliberate federal poisoning efforts". ????? A lot of this video is really good info. but is he really saying that the government deliberately poisoned 1000s of poeple?

That's what he said. Uncle Sam has done all kinds of nasty stuff through the years.

That's a Hollywood term.

A Hollywood term that the inventor of the devices named them when he started the "Maxim Silenced Firearm Company". A Hollywood term that Hollywood used for decades along with everyone else because that's what they were named. It wasnt until the 1970's when some smart allicky Soldier of Fortune hack writer decided that the industry could sell more of them to the government by renaming them suppressors that anyone called them suppressors to get past the government procurement officers who wouldn't be caught dead signing off on silencer purchases. When I fill out a form to buy one of the devices I fill out a form 4 to purchase a "silencer" . That's what the governing body that is responsible for their manufacture, purchase and sale calls them and has always called them. Suppressor is an apologists term. Silencer is a name. It doesn't matter what they do. I could take a silencer, of which I own many, and fill it up with concrete. It would still be a silencer even though it wouldn't silence squat..

Yes I know where it all started. The industry calls them suppressors. Because nothing totally silences a firearm. Very simple. That has been explained 100's of times. Keep your nose in the books........;)

Almost everybody I know that has NFA stuff and gun shop owners I know all call them Suppressors. Everybody I have dealt with at Washington Arms Collectors gun shows are the same. So what ever you want to call it is your choice.

Almost everybody I know that has NFA stuff and gun shop owners I know all call them Suppressors. Everybody I have dealt with at Washington Arms Collectors gun shows are the same. So what ever you want to call it is your choice.
How about if I refer to them by their given, legal and traditional name.

Last Edited:
I did not watch that 30 minute video. Perhaps I should. Everybody should have cans for all their guns. Hearing is precious. Cans plus .22 rimfire shooting days make for a fun outing. Next on my old man medical needs list is hearing aids. Why? High powered rifle fire non suppressed. I was young and foolish then. :(

Personal; ... Cans are worth the bother.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top