Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Everything BUT common sense

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by XdM, Sep 5, 2010.

1. XdM

XdM Vancouver Member

2. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

Because common sense says that guns are only needed when things are fine and dandy, when SHTF you cannot have one when you need it most according to the government. The 2nd amendment disagrees.

3. trainsktg

trainsktg Portland OR Well-Known Member

If this stands, I can easily see The United States being declared a Gun-Free Zone during some future nebulous declaration of emergency.

Keith

4. sprice37

sprice37 Albany Oregon Active Member

Are you effing serious? remake of katrina???:bash:

5. John Gault

John Gault clackamas county Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Maybe we should suggest that the governer ask the Polish Jewish community how well the "disarming for national security" went for them circa 1940. :twocents:

6. trainsktg

trainsktg Portland OR Well-Known Member

Oh, but that could never happen here.

Keith (yeah...right)

7. twoclones

twoclones Tri-Cities, WA Well-Known Member

Was this because guns make hurricanes stronger?

8. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

Exactly. And the hurricane makes the guns go all crazy, they escape your house and start doing all kinds of stuff...all on their own!

9. The Quiet Man

The Quiet Man rural Washington County, Oregon Active Member

Based on average age, I suspect a lot of you have never lived as an adult where you couldn't have a CPL. Most of us with a lot of gray on our heads (or no hair at all) recall life before shall-issue concealed handgun licenses... or have lived where they were non-existent. All you need to do is look back about 20 years in most states. That said, people had some difficult choices to make when it came to protecting themselves and their loved ones.

I'm not saying what I would do, or asking what you would do if the Governor of your state declared a state of emergency and told the LEO community that guns couldn't be carried by civilians. I am just pointing out that some difficult decisions would have to be made... well not that difficult! I hope the good guys in North Carolina don't get sucked up in the mess their government is creating for them.

10. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

Maybe this is a rust issue?

11. MikeSettles

MikeSettles Vancouver, Washington Active Member

Actually, Washington has a Katrina-style statue which allows the governor to abrogate the Art I Sec 24 rights of citizens during an declared emergency. (RCW 43.06.220, (1) (e): "The governor may prohibit ... The possession of firearms or any other deadly weapon by a person (other than a law enforcement officer) in a place other than that person's place of residence or business;"

And how, pray tell, do you get the weapon back & forth between "place of residence" and "business"? By becoming subject to the "only ones" interpretation of the governor's whims?

I'd say that it's past time to challenge the constitutionality of that one, both under Art I Sec 24, and (now) under 2A.

SAF, Alan Gottlieb, where are you?