JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
According to this article, today the bad guys started shooting their AK-47s first...

Shelton said two men got out of the van and opened fire on the officers with AK-47s.

...and then the police pulled out theirs.

Moments later, Arkansas State troopers shut down I-40 in an attempt to root out the shooters.

"I knew there was something," motorist Bobby Hubble said. "They started pulling out vests, pulling out guns, Ak-47's and stopped everything."

Where's my AK-47? Or if I have any firearm at all is it really an AK-47?

the van the criminals used was owned by a church. Hopefully it was stolen rather than in use by parishoners!

I didn't realize any police dept. issued AK's either. Must be a "red neck" police dept.

Well my AK is a 74 and not a 47...... but still an AK. You know why you keep on hearing AK on the news? CHEAP ......that's why. Why go buy an AR when you can get 2 or 3 decent AKs? More reliable and the 7.62x39 has some power. Also not to talk smack about ARs but AKs are more reliable and if I was a bad guy I would want to have something more reliable.
I have an AK74 because the ammo is cheaper.... I love the history of the weapon and how it looks. I too wish I could carry my AK with me everyday but people on trimet might freak out....but let me tell you...... no one would come up and ask me for change or a smoke..... hmmmmm lol

Honestly I wonder why you do not actually see more AK's in the hands of criminals.

Receiver flat, no FFL
AK kit, no FFL
No paper trail.
Ammo dirt cheap and available.
20 minutes on google and find all the info needed to put it together.
I have seen some really bad bends and the gun still worked, ugly and not pretty but it was functional, bolt cutter smashed rivets and all.
Has anyone seen that G3 flat that was hand bent? It has been a bit since I saw it posted somewhere.
That was ugly and IIRC functional.
Spend a few $$ on tools and away ya go.
Good thing they are lazy?

Honestly I wonder why you do not actually see more AK's in the hands of criminals.
Receiver flat, no FFL
AK kit, no FFL
No paper trail.
Ammo dirt cheap and available.
20 minutes on google and find all the info needed to put it together.
I have seen some really bad bends and the gun still worked, ugly and not pretty but it was functional, bolt cutter smashed rivets and all.
Has anyone seen that G3 flat that was hand bent? It has been a bit since I saw it posted somewhere.
That was ugly and IIRC functional.
Spend a few $$ on tools and away ya go.
Good thing they are lazy?

ya have to be smarter than the bubblegume your working on.

Most criminals prefer concealable weapons - even they aren't stupid enough to think that it would be better to flee from the scene of a robbery toting an AK instead of just sticking a pistol in their pocket. Regardless, I'm sure there are plenty of garage machinists willing to fill whatever demand there is for untraceable AKs.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top