JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Its something I do about every 5 years. This time I somehow managed to tweak the grip frame a bit and the sear wouldn't quite release the hammer. Had it apart 10 or so times before I realized what was going on . Put a chisel in backwards and twisted it by hand enough to spread the frame a C hair apart enough to clear the sear.
I guess that is why they have all of the cautions about not letting the hammer or striker fall when apart and others that I can't remember. I can't understand why it would twist or otherwise throw it out of spec, but i guess that is why they put the caution in the manual.:rolleyes:

Ruger Standard owner checking in! I've taken it apart 3 times and now it's a piece of cake. I'm happy to demonstrate! It just takes a few minutes and the minor addition of a couple spare hours, a glass of whiskey and a hammer.
I still laugh thinking about the first MKII I bought. Bought it to teach Wife how to shoot. Before Algore invented the net and the manual they used to ship was woefully lacking. I almost thought I would have to take it to a pro but after many readings of the manual I finally got what they were trying to say. They soon greatly improved the manual and then the net came along. Still have that old pistol and of course now it's easy. The MKIII I had was a different story. Only pistol I have ever owned I had to keep getting the instructions out to put together. I just did not take it down often enough. Glad to see that one go. The MKIV design was a GREAT invention.

The first time I ever disassembled/reassembled my Ruger Standard, it took me hours. I bought it used at a garage sale, so never even saw a manual. I've done it so many times over the decades now, that I think I could do it in my sleep.

I helped a friend put his Mk2 back together a while back. He'd been struggling with it for days, and I popped it together in seconds. He looked almost angry, so I just said "Lots of experience". He had it down pretty quick once I showed him the trick.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top