JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you can "retreat" to your vehicle to retrieve a firearm then it's kind of hard to claim self defense.

And if he had a pistol on his person why go get an AR?

This guy deserves a loss of rights and a greybar hotel stay

The pistol was in his glove box, so he went to his car, grabbed the pistol, put in his waistband, then grabbed the AR, then gave the pistol to a buddy, and then jumped all around flagging numerous people with the AR after firing a warning shot, then got the pistol back from his buddy when the police came and put it back in his waistband.

What, it's not as good as the blow we get here? o_O

Or not so everywhere? Up to Snuff? | Freaky Florida: 15 Weird News Stories for the 500th Anniversary of the State's Discovery | TIME.com

Winning FL grade school science fair experiment

According to The Miami Herald, fourth-grader Emma Bartelt won first place at her school science fair for her entry "Drug Sniffing Dogs," featuring three drug-sniffing dogs on loan from the Narcotics Bureau, where her father, Douglas Bartelt, is a detective — as well as 28 grams of cocaine. The 10-year-old's project was to see which dog would be the first to find the stash of coke, which carried a street value of about $1,300.

This is why people want to take away our rights.
People start waving around freedom sticks.

I wonder if this guy was born in America or migrated here and thought this is how you freedom?
Watching too many old westerns
Yep - and many are so quick to say new gun owners are on 'our side'

Already in handcuffs, so it's a violation of Rule #1.

Lawyer-Up.jpg

Aloha, Ma

The sad part is this is how every liberal will portray anyone who owns a AR-15 type weapon as losing control and endangering the whole city. It takes but one guy to make millions look bad.

That last 911 operator had the patience of a saint. I would have lost my mind the third time a caller said someone was "right there."
I have to call 911 a lot more than most people. Often it's hard to deal with the operators but, I always try to bend over backward to treat them well. I tell those I work with to do so. Most have no clue what that job is like. It takes a VERY special kind of person to do it. If you ever get a chance to see it done it will leave you amazed. it gives multi tasking a whole new meaning to see what they do. Then add to that the insane calls they have to deal with. People screaming and unable to give coherent details and such. It is a job VERY few can do.

I have to call 911 a lot more than most people. Often it's hard to deal with the operators but, I always try to bend over backward to treat them well. I tell those I work with to do so. Most have no clue what that job is like. It takes a VERY special kind of person to do it. If you ever get a chance to see it done it will leave you amazed. it gives multi tasking a whole new meaning to see what they do. Then add to that the insane calls they have to deal with. People screaming and unable to give coherent details and such. It is a job VERY few can do.

Oh, I agree. I applied for a job as a 911 operator shortly after finishing my USMC enlistment, and I think I could have done it very well at that time. I never heard back from them about it.

But now I've spent a lot of years in engineering school and a few in my career, and it has conditioned me to expect clear and concise communication. I don't think I could do it now, but god bless those who can.

1) "What I find amazing is that no other CPL holders didn't pull out theirs and dump a cap in his azz when he was wandering around and threatening people, waving his AR around, and yelling intimidating schit."
My thoughts exactly. If I were out in public with this raving moron approaching us/me waving an AR I would be thinking about shooting him too. He was indeed lucky that a CC didn't cap him.
2) If I saw lotsa cops running toward somewhere with sidearms and long guns deployed I would be going the opposite direction. People gotta watch though. It reminded me of the video from some 3rd world cesspool in which many onlookers gather to watch another IQ78 barefoot illiterate defuse a bomb. Much hilarity ensues.
3) Firing a shot from an AR @ elevation just over peoples' heads puts that bullet where it is a menace to all and sundry downrange. Seems like "Public Endangerment" or "Depraved Indifference" would work as charges.
4) Re: babbling to the cops - He has just put on such a breathtaking display of egregious stupidity (Darwin Award level if he hadn't been so lucky) that talking to the cops is perfectly consistent.
5) "That dude has "INCEL" written all over his little round face and pudgy cheeks... :rolleyes:"
Maybe all that backed up DNA affected his brain.
6) "His buddy filming should have choke slammed him."
Or at least not given the gun back to a raving idiot. Leaving @ Warp 9 would also be a good idea.

"Mistake" in the title is being generous imo. Walking down the street with AR in hand and taunting people like ur Tony Montana and shooting into the air amounts to colossal stupidity and a death wish in my book.

I appreciated the jazz track during the patrol car response.

The thing that surprises me (well, maybe not too much) is the amount of people that continued to hang around once the coppers showed up. I have no wants or warrants but, unless I'm an actual witness, I got no business or interest in hanging around. Bye, I'm out.

Dude apparently already had a round chambered... forgot and ejected it as a bit of theater during the initial kerfuffle. The officer found a live round and an empty case in the street.

I'm not 100% sure that getting assaulted by two dudes isn't reason enough to defend yourself with a firearm (as stated by the officer). Disparity of Force could be argued in court. There were plenty of other charges to pile on... a whole lotta Fail happening in a very short time frame.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top