JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I live in the area where this happened.
#1 Don't ever, under any circumstances believe anything you read in the "Everett herald" It's owned by the Wa. Post and they have a history of printing garbage.
#2 The cops will get a search warrant if they can, it will clear up any confusion that might come up later as to weather the home owner gave permission to search.
But, watch this case closely, the prosecutor up here in Snohomish county has a history of charging victims in self defense cases.

They don't talk about the cases much in the local news. A few weeks ago a homeowner, 60+ years old (very near where this incident happened) captured a 20 something year old thief stealing his outboard. The crook fought and died during the citizens arrest. "Charges are pending". So far just a threat.
There are several other cases which will never be public knowledge because the bad guy wasn't killed. Most of them are reduced to misdemeanor charges (simple assault, unlawful display, things like that). I really think there's a pattern up here that really scares me.

I'm able to get to both links just fine using Firefox v9.0.1 on a Mac.

Peter

8306.LolCat%252520Fail.jpg

Redcap, funny. However, note that I'm a tech guy who has had enough of giving free time to MSFT for buggy software. I kicked over to Mac's when Microsoft released Vista, and I've been happy since then.

Well, you can call it whatever you want. The victim arrested the suspect and held him until LEO showed up. Suspect croaked during the struggle. I don't believe "citations" issued for misdemeanor charges are available for public view.

Fatal shooting in alleged Everett burglary ignites debate

Monday’s fatal shooting of an alleged burglary suspect inside a South Everett home has elicited a tidal wave of emption about personal protection, frustration over property crime and, naturally, the disdain for self-defense with firearms.

<broken link removed>

Fatal shooting in alleged Everett burglary ignites debate

Monday's fatal shooting of an alleged burglary suspect inside a South Everett home has elicited a tidal wave of emption about personal protection, frustration over property crime and, naturally, the disdain for self-defense with firearms.

<broken link removed>

Well how about we send someone over to the complainer's house to break in with a hammer while their children are present?
Maybe break their leg or arm so they can be somewhat handicap when this happens?

Why should I have to flee my house? What kind of BS teaching have these people had?

You have left your house and your protection from the elements (and there are some elements this time of year) to stand outside and freeze while the intruder is inside keeping warm and eating your food and drinking your Maker's Mark.
How is this even close to reasonable?
IT IS MY EFFING HOUSE THAT I BOUGHT TO KEEP MYSELF SAFE AND WARM

I AM NOT LEAVING,you will be made to leave ,with force if necessary.

Mi casa es tu casa?

If I invite you in

I always enjoy reading the comments section of this kind of article.

This one is especially good.

Is material stuff worth a life?

A TV set , a six pack of beer, a few hundred bucks worth of cheap jewelry or even a few thousand... is that really worth a life? What the homeowner could have done was greet the person with a friendly tone and ask the individual if there was any way he could help the person, rather than act is judge , jury and executioner. Retreat to somewhere else in the house, call 911, allow the professionals to deal with the situation. It just seems like there could have been an alternative to shooting and killing the person. People don't break into houses until they are truly desperate. The person was likly a victim of child abuse, childhood poverty, Reagonomics , racism... any one of combination of things. If the Corporate Rich had not gutted so much from society, I doubt this would have happenned.

<broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads