JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A bit surprising since I was there that day, just wasn't aware of what was going on. I'm glad there are people out there who will do the right thing, even if it means going against their friend. Sorry if this was already posted.

TheHerald said:
Everett man arrested after reports he threatened to kill people
By Eric Stevick, Herald Writer
EVERETT -- An Everett man, who allegedly told friends that he was going to kill people, has been arrested while detectives investigate allegations he was talking about committing murder.

The suspect, 23, was arrested Tuesday at Everett Community College where he was attending school, according to police reports.

An Everett District Court judge on Wednesday found probable cause to hold the man in the Snohomish County Jail for investigation of an offense called criminal attempt. Bail was set at $250,000.

Everett police said they had to use electronic stun guns three times when the man resisted arrest.

"He was failing to comply with the officers' commands to put his arms behind his back," Everett police Sgt. Robert Goetz said.

The suspect told friends at a Feb. 25 party that "he was going to kill some people" and mentioned an Everett tavern where he planned to start, according to court papers.

He also said he had planned to kill his mother, court papers said.

He told the witnesses that he wouldn't be going to jail and he talked about plans for his funeral, the police affidavit said.

The man showed people at the party paperwork from a pawn shop indicating he had purchased several handguns.

A pawn shop employee verified to police that the man had bought four handguns just prior to attending the party. The suspect paid in full, but couldn't pick the weapons up until a five-day waiting period had elapsed

When questioned by police, the man said he had no plans to follow through with the threats.

He said he bought the guns for his friends and he planned to keep one for himself.

His court-appointed attorney argued that the allegations were merely idle threats and the suspect had not taken any substantial steps toward committing a crime.

Goetz said it was "the totality of the circumstances," including the threats and purchase of firearms, that caused detectives to decide that the man belonged in custody.

Goetz also praised the person who brought the threats to the attention of police.

"Absent that phone call, things might have had a different outcome," he said.
Everett man arrested after reports he threatened to kill people | HeraldNet.com - Local news

It's that class of Phycotropic drugs that when you stop taking them you go schictoid and homicidal they have been around since the 1970's and are responsibable for numerous killing sprees but the brand names escape me

It's that class of Phycotropic drugs that when you stop taking them you go schictoid and homicidal they have been around since the 1970's and are responsibable for numerous killing sprees but the brand names escape me

That's what I was getting at, SSRIs have been found to increase suicidal and homicidal behavior (especially in young people), either while you are on them or withdrawing from them. I don't know anything about this case in particular, but I'd bet that these or other psychiatric drugs were involved.

now the people at the party are on his list when he gets out,and now he really has nothing to lose and a reason for revenge.
they did the right thing but i wouldn't feel safe anymore if i were those friends.

There are people who are braggards and only want attention, even negative attention, and then as has been pointed out, there are some (perfectly legal) drugs that can induce a mental state that can be hazzardus to that person's mental health and welfare, as well as possibly others.

I have no idea which category this guy fits, and I am really not a fan of acting on braggard's talk...but in this case the judge seemed to think he was making a real threat. I would suspect a mental evaluation is in order.

He said he bought the guns for his friends and he planned to keep one for himself.

From the ATF website:

A straw purchase occurs even when the actual purchaser is not a prohibited person. The crime committed is knowingly making a false statement on the Form 4473 indicating that the straw purchaser is the actual purchaser, when this is not the case.

Wonder if this guy will be charged with this as well.

From the ATF website:

SNIP Unconstitutional crap,

Wonder if this guy will be charged with this as well.

That would depend on whether the friend put up funds, otherwise my wife is a straw purchaser for gifting me a rifle for Christmas when that was her intent all along.

You can buy firearms to give to your friends. You cannot buy firearms in their stead with their funds.

Kudos to the people who turned this guy in.

His court-appointed attorney argued that the allegations were merely idle threats and the suspect had not taken any substantial steps toward committing a crime.

Except for the part where he bought guns and made plans for his funeral. Good luck with that defense.

When are people gonna learn that if you're going to kill some folks that you don't let them know that you're coming?

That's cute. Reminds me of the drug smugglers that get pulled over doing 80 down the freeway with a trunkload of dope. Holy rigorous forethought, Batman. Wouldn't that be in the first chapter of the dope runners' handbook?

More seriously, I would think that by the time a person is so far gone that they think that a shooting spree is the answer, they're probably way past being able to/wanting to think straight, but I'm just guessing. From what I've read about criminal activity, some of them are just too arrogant to consider the possibility that they'll get caught. With the psychos I figure crazy + frustration = chaos. No telling what they'll do, doesn't need to make sense.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top