Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Everett - Man Plans "to kill some people"

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by PinoyBoy, Mar 3, 2012.

1. PinoyBoy

PinoyBoy Snohomish County, WA Member

A bit surprising since I was there that day, just wasn't aware of what was going on. I'm glad there are people out there who will do the right thing, even if it means going against their friend. Sorry if this was already posted.

Everett man arrested after reports he threatened to kill people | HeraldNet.com - Local news

2. Boats

Boats Flicking A Switch To Open My Third Eye Well-Known Member

When are people gonna learn that if you're going to kill some folks that you don't let them know that you're coming?

mjbskwim, Redcap, iusmc2002 and 3 others like this.
  3. ericb

ericb Klamath Falls, OR Active Member

I wonder what meds that guy was on.

4. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Clack Co. OR Well-Known Member

Or failing to take.

iusmc2002, mjbskwim, erudne and 5 others like this.
  5. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

It's that class of Phycotropic drugs that when you stop taking them you go schictoid and homicidal they have been around since the 1970's and are responsibable for numerous killing sprees but the brand names escape me

6. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

My PC meter is beeping

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  7. ericb

ericb Klamath Falls, OR Active Member

That's what I was getting at, SSRIs have been found to increase suicidal and homicidal behavior (especially in young people), either while you are on them or withdrawing from them. I don't know anything about this case in particular, but I'd bet that these or other psychiatric drugs were involved.

8. Hardwood floor guy

Hardwood floor guy Beaverton Active Member

now the people at the party are on his list when he gets out,and now he really has nothing to lose and a reason for revenge.
    they did the right thing but i wouldn't feel safe anymore if i were those friends.

9. hermannr

hermannr Okanogan Highlands Well-Known Member

There are people who are braggards and only want attention, even negative attention, and then as has been pointed out, there are some (perfectly legal) drugs that can induce a mental state that can be hazzardus to that person's mental health and welfare, as well as possibly others.

I have no idea which category this guy fits, and I am really not a fan of acting on braggard's talk...but in this case the judge seemed to think he was making a real threat. I would suspect a mental evaluation is in order.

10. FourTeeFive

FourTeeFive PNW Washington State Active Member

From the ATF website:

Wonder if this guy will be charged with this as well.

11. Boats

Boats Flicking A Switch To Open My Third Eye Well-Known Member

That would depend on whether the friend put up funds, otherwise my wife is a straw purchaser for gifting me a rifle for Christmas when that was her intent all along.

You can buy firearms to give to your friends. You cannot buy firearms in their stead with their funds.

12. Flopsweat

Flopsweat Slightly right of center Well-Known Member

Kudos to the people who turned this guy in.

Except for the part where he bought guns and made plans for his funeral. Good luck with that defense.

That's cute. Reminds me of the drug smugglers that get pulled over doing 80 down the freeway with a trunkload of dope. Holy rigorous forethought, Batman. Wouldn't that be in the first chapter of the dope runners' handbook?

More seriously, I would think that by the time a person is so far gone that they think that a shooting spree is the answer, they're probably way past being able to/wanting to think straight, but I'm just guessing. From what I've read about criminal activity, some of them are just too arrogant to consider the possibility that they'll get caught. With the psychos I figure crazy + frustration = chaos. No telling what they'll do, doesn't need to make sense.