JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Man shot after pulling fake gun on armed seller during iPhone buy

A deal for an iPhone turned violent late Thursday night outside a bank in Everett, sending one person to the hospital with life-threatening injuries.

Two men arranged to meet at the BECU at 112th St. SW and Evergreen Way around 10:30 p.m. to exchange an iPhone. The man who was supposed to buy the phone attempted to pull a fake gun on the seller, but that seller pulled a real gun and shot the intended buyer several times, according to Everett Police.

Officers and medics arrived to find the victim with multiple gun shot wounds and he was rushed to a local hospital in critical condition.

Police said the seller was a security guard for another business, and they have not determined if he will face any charges.

Trying to commit robbery can get you shot or killed. There, fixed it for all of you.

The only thing to blame in this story is the person who made the choice to try and rob another person.

Love to see a happy ending. If moron who tried to rob other guy lives you know he will be wailing about how unfair it was. After all he just had a toy and the other guy dared to shoot him with a real gun. Stupidity should be painful, some times it is :D

I would certainly hope not however this part 'bothers' me:

a 'late' night deal for a cell phone with a stranger?
Completely agree. Whenever I've sold something to someone I didn't know, I always met them during daylight & in front of our City Police Dept...Never had an issue.

Nothing wrong with the shady area under an i5 bridge. Sometimes you need to get in the shade from that scorching moonlight
z_68c14c38.jpg

That use of wording seems pretty prevelent in articles describing failed robbery attemps/home invasions. Never to the property owners, just the people who get shot trying to steal from/hurt/kill them.
Gives me a chuckle everytime i read it.
Liberal la-la land, no big surprise. "Journalism" is an empty term.

Agree, it's madening that the word "victim" would be used in that context. I understand technically he is the victim of a gun shot wound but that's just the wrong way to put it. "the individual who was shot" would be a fine middle ground and not jump ahead if there is more to the story and it won't paint him as a "victim" if the story checks out like we all know it probably will.

Liberal la-la land, no big surprise. "Journalism" is an empty term.
Shoooot we passed the point of "liberal" before i was born, took a left on marx st and a right on stalin ave.
To try and be fair to "journalists" the modern state of how people consume media is a drastically changing landscape. Gotta do something to get clicks(except tell the truth lol). It would suck to go to college for a job only to have it made obsolete by an iphone app:D

Agree, it's madening that the word "victim" would be used in that context. I understand technically he is the victim of a gun shot wound but that's just the wrong way to put it. "the individual who was shot" would be a fine middle ground and not jump ahead if there is more to the story and it won't paint him as a "victim" if the story checks out like we all know it probably will.
Woahhh there Mussolini. Clearly the guy who pulled the trigger is an NRA psycopath who baited this helpless man using an iphone into robbing him so he could claim his next victim.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top