JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I know "too much" is subjective, but my dealer today had a S&W m66 (no dash) on him as his personal carry. He said it is his favorite gun. This is the one with the stainless sights, pinned barrel, and recessed cylinder. He said the gun only has a couple dozen rounds through it and it shows.

I just fell in love with it. I spent 2 hours talking him into selling it to me. I almost have him convinced to let me have it for $650. He told me to come back tomorrow and we could probably do that.

I have done some checking online and I cannot find one selling for less than $650 (before shipping and FFL) and I have to admit that I am so smitten with it I would probably pay even more than it was worth if he agreed to sell it to me. :eek:

I did that with a gsg. I know everyone is thinking who would pay more than needed for a .22, but I just had to have it and I couldn't wait for other sources to get them in stock so I paid a little more

People always ask me what certians guns are worth and I laways tell them it is what they are willing to pay. The way I see it I would rather pay a little too much for something I realy wanted than miss out.

When the first assault weapon ban passed, and there were people three-deep at the gun store counter, I paid $450 for a Mossberg 590 (the only black gun that I really had any interest in). I think the retail price finally topped $450, about ten years later. Nice gun, either way.

It is awful purty. Here is a pic of the exact same type of gun.

That gun is gorgeous - a definite must buy!

yep i finally found a mossber 22 same model as the one i had when i was a kid and it was overpriced but it now lives in the gun cabnet and i would'nt sell it for what i payed. Just depends on how much it is worth TO YOU

I lost the first knife I had as a kid. I found another just like it on eBay, but lost out on bidding because I was too stingy - didn't want to "overpay". Haven't seen another one since.

I shot a friend's Winchester Model 12 when I was 12. I have wanted one since. Because I shoot 16 ga, they were seldom up for sale. If one did show up, I didn't have the money. If I had the money, I couldn't find one anywhere.

A few years ago, I was driving down our main street to get lunch after delivering kids to school and Gary was changing his marquee sign. "Winchester Model 12" the new part said. I passed back by with my burger and malt beside me and the sign was finished. The rest of said "16 GA." I almost wrecked the pickup geting into that parking space.

I paid more than that old 1926 Winchester was worth, but I'm happy.Took 53 years to fulfill that wish.

Pops

Yeah $500 for my GSG, I know everybody else loves how tacticool they are but I never liked mine for $500 I should have bought 2 ruger 10/22's however I ended up trading my gsg straight across for a HK USP in 40S&W while the GSG was in high demand so $500 for a HK USP is not a bad deal! and I know feel better lol.

Guns, cars, car parts, whatever.
if I want it RIGHT NOW, I will buy it for more than it should really go for.
I won't pay a rediculous sum for something unless it nearly un-obtainable.
For instance, if I found a beater Bricklin, for the price of a "good condition" Bricklin, I'd buy it if I could.
Supply and demand, right?
I could have gotten several of my guns cheaper than I did.
But I wanted them, and I had the money, so I bought them. :s0155:
All replicas, of course ;)

Guns, cars, car parts, whatever.
if I want it RIGHT NOW, I will buy it for more than it should really go for.
I won't pay a rediculous sum for something unless it nearly un-obtainable.
For instance, if I found a beater Bricklin, for the price of a "good condition" Bricklin, I'd buy it if I could.
Supply and demand, right?
I could have gotten several of my guns cheaper than I did.
But I wanted them, and I had the money, so I bought them. :s0155:
All replicas, of course ;)

I have the bad luck that if I pass something up once, I usually never find the same deal again.

So, I now have the bad habit of buying. After all, you can always make more money - the government is still printing it, right?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top