JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, I, vaguely, recall this being and interest of sorts. In recent years it gurgling to the surface with the idea of putting a stock on wife's cap'n'ball revolver or SBRing a Magnum Research BFR; neither happened, albeit for different reasons. Then I forgot about it for a while and, more specifically, I can't really see bothering with NFA projects any more. (Well, other than the final two still pending.) If for no other reason, other than two disparate niches, I find guns fairly uninteresting these days. (True of many things, really, though there are still some lingering delightful diversions.)

Anywho, I was reading/thumbing through the vintage text, Ed McGivern's Book of Fast and Fancy Revolver Shooting today and spied this:

revólver obsceno.jpg

Vintage wackiness is always ever so corking! (Though not shown, the reference to attaching a scope sounds extra hilarious.)

Which, brings me to the question: ever SBR a wheelgun? How did it turn out? Pics? Enjoy!

Last Edited:
Yes. Form 1 approved, engraved. Now it's only a matter of finding a sacrificial grip to adapt to the stock. These stocks are hard to find so I am not going to start cutting on it.

A8FA29EB-3C44-44A2-B874-06061825EFA0.jpeg

Something like this would be really cool.

View attachment 1186450
Neato! What was the base gun used? One of those Rossis?

It kind of reminds me of the Russian MTs255, both the original and abbreviated specimens I've seen:

MC255-1.jpg

hbyr99q8dta41.jpg

(No idea if this model was ever imported into the US. I wouldn't buy one anyway, for the same reason I don't smoke Cuban cigars. Still a neat little revolver/scattergun though.)

Good question. I had the picture saved to my whacky SBR files. I want to say it was from a Reddit thread. Looks like either a SW or a Ruger.

What I'd like to find is someone who can fabricate metal stocks for a CZ 75, Beretta 92, or similar. Plastic Glock stocks exist but are ugly, and these aren't strictly functional projects.

Ditto that @User 1234. When I was noodling about a modern "broomhandle" project, I had the same interest. I did acquire one of those wood stocks/holsters and barrel sets for the 1911; while it looked neat, it was way to flimsy to use on a project. For some of the wackier parts I needed for projects, Saxonville Armory was able to help a lot. I wonder if they could make a stock for you?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top