JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I like guns. I like lots of guns. I like guns that go bang every time.

I try not to be a snob, but more practical. I have been known to look down my nose at people who want the smallest thing possible, because it is comfy...

Handguns aren't suppossed to be comfortable they are suppossed to be comforting. Cocktailer is true in the better a small gun than no gun at all... but there are many quality 38/357/9/40/45 pistols that darn near reach the .380 envelope..... it just takes some commitment....You gotta want it. It goes to WHY you are carrying.

I am working on my social skills though. A friend of mine asked me if he knew where he could by a little polymer .380 for his wife... I asked how much he loved her... because if she is trying to shoot someone (who was going to do death/serious physical injury to her or his kids) would he prefer she did it with a comfy little gun? or one that was more effective? I get it - She isnt going to stuff a S&W M29/1911/Sig220/Glock21 in an IWB... but... there is room for a little more effort than a poly .380. You just gotta want it (and not be so darn lazy!)

To the guy who said recent vets say AKs are inaccurate pieces of crap.

This is very interesting to me, being a vet myself, Almost all my buddies and I went out and bought an AK variant of one kind or another. My guess is that those vets who bad mouth the AK have never had one fired at them accurately.

To the guy who said he had a 90 dollar pistol perform better than a 1911.

Seriously dude? I want a 90 dollar pistol... **** I'll buy three.

I've seen the 9mm FMJ in action, and I can tell you this. It works as intended.
That said for personal defense you are going to do better, obviously, with a large caliber weapon considering the fact that the loss of energy is irrelevant at 25 yards. Take that same target and put it at 150yards and I guarantee you will be wishing you had a smaller rock to throw. Smaller bullet means more rounds, and more energy on target.

Now after all that I would never want to be hit by any bullet at any range fired from any gun.

To the guy who said he had a 90 dollar pistol perform better than a 1911.

Seriously dude? I want a 90 dollar pistol... **** I'll buy three.

These days, it's more commonly sold for $160-$200. But yeah, if we're talking strictly reliability, it's easily feasible to find something that does better than 4 FTE's per 100 rounds, for a fraction of the price of an S&W 1911.

During work hours, I legally carry a .22 magnum NAA revolver as my primary gun. In my job, there is no way I could pack anything bigger. I did in the past, and the impracticality was severe. When not at work, I upgrade to a simple Ruger P89 with alternating FMJ and Black Talon ammunition.

Regarding gun snobbery, there are certain types I have no interest in, like modern bolt action hyper-accurate rifles in wildcat calibers or OU shotguns with beautifully carved wood furniture...but I have no distain for those who do; I merely limit myself to what interests me. Gun snobbery to me is akin to the tired old Ford vs. Chevy, AK vs. AR, Maksutov vs. Schmidt debates and I have no time for them.

Keith

That's kind of a false dichotomy, who says they can't be both?

Clint Smith!:s0155: I think that in some way we are all gun snobs. If I was pulling a 105 behind my Honda Civic some guy would say it should be a 155! It's been said before but the key is to carry what not only feels right but also what you shoot good. I've bought guns that I couldn't hit my foot with and I've got others that make me look good on the range, guess which ones I sold?? If it's sitting at home in your safe it ain't doing you any good if something happens. So I say snob away, this is one case where the word diversity doesn't make me want to puke!

I'm kind of a snob when it comes to the music I like, but the songs that get stuck in my head are the very ones I detest!! It is great to have passion and opinons, but I don't like people who use them for an excuse to go on rants or make thenselves feel superior. Once again the Gun Room is all the example anyone could ever want.

My co-worker just said "Why did you get a Glock?" He tried telling me his Ruger P95 was better because it has a thumb safety. I told him only pussies need safeties.

Keep in mind our duty weapons are S&W M&P9's without thumb safety, and he is a non shooting mofo.

He also tried telling me the Glock will go off by itself, I told him at least it fires when the trigger is pulled. Anything else is a bonus.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top