JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Informed, opinions, and reality are not what they used to be.!

Many and most of us have opinions.. Opinions are like ....... , we all have them.

One man's dream may only be anothers wish, or not even..

Glocks have worked for many, many years, as have 1911's, Sigs, S&W, Ruger, and many others..

I believe that a 380 concealed is as much a deterrent, as a protential problem, regardless of manufacture.

Many believe that at close encounters, the caliber is less important as is functionality, and critical shot placement.

For a NEWBIE, to carry, I believe that a known piece, that he will and must practice with, is much more important than just buying a name.. or calibier.. IMHO

Last Edited:
most people dont know that cabelas has many used guns not on display, tell them what your looking for. also most gun counter sales reps. won't tell you on used guns; sometimes they will do a little better than adv. price. however you have to mention you are aware of this before they will fess up. (i have got the same looks) and when i have purchased used un-displayed for lower than their asking i even have received a few head shakes.

I think as responsible gun owners it is your job to help educate everyone on guns and different gun advise. I wish someone would have helped me when I bought a couple guns I didn't end up thinking were right for me. You can't expect a salesman in a gun shop to tell someone the truth. They're salesman.
And in that case in Medford with the old lady I would have cussed that guy out in front of everyone and told that lady he was trying to take advantage of her. Even helped her sell them to get the most for her husband's thing out of respect for him.
I hate people that take advantage of the people who just don't know any better.

Exactly, bounty hunting isn't legal in Oregon... so I am confused how he is going into bail enforcement.

He was simply purchasing the gun in Oregon. It looks like probably lives in the Portland area, which means he'll probably be doing bail enforcement based out of Vancouver. There are several Bail Bonds offices near Clark County Courthouse.

Or he was lying about it to feel like a tough guy in an attempt to make up for not knowing anything about guns.

He was simply purchasing the gun in Oregon. It looks like probably lives in the Portland area, which means he'll probably be doing bail enforcement based out of Vancouver. There are several Bail Bonds offices near Clark County Courthouse.

Or he was lying about it to feel like a tough guy in an attempt to make up for not knowing anything about guns.

I am in Vancouver and so was he. :)

A little off topic but kinda on

If it is a federal offense,can Oregon not allow a bounty hunter to apprehend a suspect?

How do they enforce bail then?
Just cops get to do this?

a local guy in medford has an add he runs about buying used guns
was at his shop one day in CP and an old lady was showing him a box with all her dead husbands hand guns over hearing what he was saying she was wanting to sell them but did not know how much they were worth
he started to say how dirty they were and that he would have to clean them etc etc
i asked the lady " are you selling them?"
she said yes
the shop owner right then and there told me to " GET OUT NOW "
cant remember the gun but he was going for like $25 on a gun thats was worth $400

There's a warm place in h3LL (really, we can't say 'heck'?) for people like that. Don't forget that everyone was new to firearms at some point but there is some personal accountability for knowing what you're buying. Just like buying a car, if you go to a dealership not knowing what you need or want, you're an idiot.

If you jump bail in Oregon the judge issues a failure to appear warrant and if it's a bad enough crime they do assemble a special team of officers to serve such warrants. If it's fairly minor they just wait until the police have contact with them and pick them up at that time.

What concerns me is how can he legally purchase a handgun in a different state than his residense?

Having something is better than nothing, but when you may end up dealing with "tough guys".. .380 is likely not the best choice..

Depends on what you're firing out of it. Winchester Silvertip JHP and Corbon JHP +P have about as much stopping power as some of the cheaper 9mm Luger on the market. At least if ballistics tests are to be believed.

I was at a Big 5 in Milpitas Ca about 8 years ago, looking to round out my Enfield collection, when I happened to get into line behind 2 younger gentlemen who were asking the gun clerk/store manager about what they should get.
They were really interested in the shotguns, but thought the prices were prohibitive. During the course of the conversation, the two happened to mention that what they were really looking for was a gun to shoot a racoon in their moms attic.
I looked at the store manager-he looked at me, I could tell he was in a tight bind.
I asked the pair if they really wanted to shoot a racoon in the attic? Sure they said, it would make their mom happy. I asked, what happens if you miss? You will put a hole in the roof or worse do some damage to the rafters that would need to be repaired. They had not thought of that, of course, they figured a shot gun would be a definate hit, and said so. I then pointed out that if they did kill the racoon, some one would have to retrieve it out of the attic, because the smell would drive every one crazy, and would encourage insects and other rodents to enter the attic, most likely making mom even more unhappy. They said that they had not thought of that, the attic was so small that there would be no way to get it(racoon) out. They pondered on this for a bit, and then finally thanked the store manager for his help, but they would try to get the racoon out another way.
As they left, the store manager said "thank you" and I got a heck of a deal on an Enfield.

That is certainly no argument. I mean along the lines of certain .380 +p loads being plenty.

It's like insurance. Better to dole out the money for it and not need it than to not do so and need the extra stopping power. I'll go so far as to say that about any caliber. It's always good to have a load of the best stuff you can get on hand in case you need it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top