Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Ever heard of a WaterBob?

Discussion in 'Preparedness & Survival' started by Andy, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Andy

Andy Aurora, OR Active Member

2. jdub75

jdub75 PNW Well-Known Member

That is a great idea. We used to fill the tubs up in N. Carolina before a hurricane, but obviously couldn't use it for driking, just washing & flushing. We would spend alot of $$ on lots of bottled water for drinking/cooking. I'm getting 2 of them.
    Thanks for posting.

3. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

That looks like a good idea if you knew something was coming - like a hurricane or civil disorder. Although, I wouldn't rely on that in lieu of having water on hand because some events (earthquakes) are hard to predict.

4. TonsOfOregonBrass

TonsOfOregonBrass Sandy, OR Active Member

definitely interesting.

I don't think i will be getting any though. the citys water storage tanks are only a block a way for me. so i am pretty sure i can stock up in a hurry if needed. and there is nothing like 300,000 g + of fresh water close by.

5. Riot

Riot Benton County, Washington Well-Known Member

So- you have to rely on the fact that you have running water to fill the thing up, right?

FYI, you already have a water storage container...it's called your hot water heater. When you run out of water, I would suggest tapping into that first.

6. chiefchip

chiefchip Rainier, Oregon Member

What a great idea!

7. Zoltan

Zoltan Salem Member

They are a good idea. I bought one a few weeks ago. If you have any advance warning you can have an extra however many gallons of water your bathtub holds. Don't count on always having advance warning though. It's a good idea to also have longer term water storage and some sort of water purification.

8. rl280

rl280 OREGON Member

You never get prior notice of a water main break.

9. Riot

Riot Benton County, Washington Well-Known Member

What he said...

10. Katonic

Katonic Kistap WA New Member

By the way cheaperthendirt.com now have these for either 9.99 or 19.99 i cant recall.