JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This came up in another thread today and I have to admit that I am very guilty of this.

I used to spend a lot more effort to carry a good gun. I bought specific holsters, I bought carry belts, and I made an effort to wear specific clothing to conceal the gun.I was even known to carry full sized 1911's or SIGs in the winter time.

These days I have allowed myself to become very lazy. I put almost no effort into carrying concealed now. The guns that have caused me to become so lackadaisical are my Kahr PM40 and my Rohrbaugh R9s. They are both so small and so light that I just put them in a soft suede IWB holster and slip then into my jeans. I do not even need a belt and they conceal easily under just a t-shirt.

Anyone else find themselves in the same boat?

I have a Ruger LCR .38+P airweight snubbie in my front pocket right now. I carry it in a Galco Pro pocket holster which breaks up the outline of the gun and keeps the grip in an upright position for an easy draw. I can wear any clothing that I want with this setup. If I feel the need for a little more firepower, I carry a Glock 26 IWB in the small of my back in a clip holster that requires nothing more than a untucked T-shirt to conceal it. Reloads (speed strips for the LCR, an extra mag for the G26) get dropped into my left front pocket.

Its not about being lazy, its about keeping it simple. What I refuse to do... is to rely on a mousegun for personal defense. 9mm or .38+P is as low as I will go when my life is at stake. It doesnt have to be complicated.

Sometimes I don't worry about it so much. Keeping in mind the exemption for permit holders and that open carry is how it is in Oregon. Nothing really to do with the gun, but I as well carry a Kahr.

I just keep it simple. Why make it more complicated than it needs to be?

One does not need fancy holsters, belts , special clothing, etc to carry concealed effectively.

I've thought about this lately..

I've been looking for a nice, comfortable OWB for the XD40... Since I'm always wearing loose clothing anyway....

Yeah, I carry a keltec p11 in a Bianchi leather IWB with a clip. 10 rnds in the mag so most of the time I don't even carry an extra mag. So thin I don't even have to loosen my belt.

Like the OP, the pocket pistols definitely make for sloppy habits for me. I've made it a point to practice, at least, the presentation.

The LCP and the R9S just disappear in my pockets.

carrying should be easy... how is this lazy or otherwise wrong?

the only way "lazy" can enter the equation is if you fail to train adequately... do you still train?

i carry a glock 17 close to 365 days a year.. same method, same place, almost without fail... it's not lazy, it's consistent. very rarely, i have t switch to a glock 26, for non-permissive environments- but it's still in the same rig, in the same place

I'm a front pocket carry myself. I did take the gun out to clean it the other day and was a little ashamed at how much lint had embedded itself in the gun, so I'm now committed to at minimum brushing it with an old toothbrush every few days and then a monthly cleaning and oiling if it hasn't been shot..

I'm a front pocket carry myself. I did take the gun out to clean it the other day and was a little ashamed at how much lint had embedded itself in the gun, so I'm now committed to at minimum brushing it with an old toothbrush every few days and then a monthly cleaning and oiling if it hasn't been shot..
Yup, PF9 in front pocket all day long, before that I had a G19 with a nice fobus holster and always wore a sturdy belt with it, etc.
I do like the holster when I'm doing target practice, but for deep concealment, my pocket works better than any holster could for me.

I have to do the same to mine to keep it clean. About once a week I have to pull it out, strip it down and clean it with some qtips and clp to get all the lint out of there and prevent any kind of rust from my sweat and body heat. I didn't do this with a .25 I used to carry like this and it got pretty bad before I noticed, so now I don't take chances.

Well, I've got a sig p238 but I don't carry it all that often. I have a really nice belt and IWB holster that I carry a sig p229 in. Conceals fine with t-shirt and jeans and is pretty comfortable. When it comes time to buy new pants, rotate out your old jeans for new ones 1" too big around the waist and you can fit a big gun no prob. I am only bothered by the gun and take it out if I am lounging on a couch reading a book or something, and then I usually take out my wallet and keys too. (all lumps must go!)

The tiny pocket gun is great for doing exercise with due to the very low weight and I also use it when I have to dress up and wear a suit, cuz crazy giant gun belts look really stupid with a suit.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top