JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
By Whom? A bunch of reloaders who talk about them in forums or actual laboratories. Unless EITHER scale is being checked against a standard (check weight) on a regular basis, NEITHER is considered accurate.

I have both and a set of calibrated check weights as well. Yes, the beam scale is accurate. So's the Digital. The Digital is far easier to read and it doesn't matter what angle I am viewing the digital readout from. It always gives me the SAME readings. Change the angle you read the beam scale balance point and your readings will vary. So now which is more accurate?

I have a digital scale not specifically designed for reloading. But of a type marketed for reloading and I found it to be extremely ununiform in its results. I got to the point that I was double checking all my loads with my RCBS 5-0-5 and finally I gave up and just went to using the 5-0-5. Thing about a digital scale as you have NO WAY to judge if its giving you bad results unless the visual volume of the power sitting in the tray is obvious. With a balance beam you can visually see if a weight has moved or if something has been knocked about.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top