JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Bluebird skies and low 60's new took me to the range Sunday...Fairly new Scorpion and a new to me Rem 700 BDL with new Timney and new optic to play with....Sounds good so far? You would be correct but, things can and do change fast...Zeroed the BDL in short order and finished taking 3 shot turns at 100 and 200...All good...Great gun...Moved to iron targets at 25 and 50 and had great time ringing the bell with the Scorpion....Still all good...Chewed through all the 9mm hardball mags that I had budgeted for the day with not a FTF in sight...My range buddy wanted to continue the fun and against my better judgement (hind sight) let him load a couple of mags of what he had been feeding to his Glock 19 during the day...His hand loaded 124gr HP's...Que the ominous music.."DUM, DUM, DUMMM!"...His 3rd round jam's solid...Bolt will not move forward or backward...Classic bulged case jam with hot round stuck in the chamber...Bad, Bad, Bad....I know better than to run others hand loads through my hard earned and prized babies but it just goes to show you what having a great day at the range can do to your most hard and fast safety rules...Thank God that no one was hurt and a trip to the gunsmith was the worst thing that will come from this day...Hard lessons and restless sleep aside...I'm too old to relearn hard lessons and lose any sleep.

I wouldn't lose sleep over it, personally. A PCC is probably a good deal tougher than a handgun and frankly, if someone ran their handloads through my gun and broke it, I'd be pretty insistent on any and all fees being paid by them.

On the humble side, I continually have to be re taught that if I have my gun to someone, they're probably gonna mag dump it and if there's just one round to load, it gets plopped in the chamber and my slide gets dropped onto it.

Nobody got hurt and if your pal makes it right, all is good plus you can razz him about his crappy ammo building skills.:D

Your scorpion is a POS, after all your buddy was running his fabulous reloads all day thru his wonder glock (cough), wasnt he?

I think your buddy needs to buy a gauge ....... https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1012791426

1614701194475.png

All's well that ends well...Gunsmith popped the over long round out in two seconds with his Squib rod...Bolt came immediately free as well...Sent me home with my own squib rod and no charge...Was sort of hoping that the smith would charge me something that I could rub my buddies nose in...Already putting the spurs to him good about his shoddy reloading QC...The wonder Glock topic is already a thing with he and I...Him pro and me con...Thanks for the kind words TTSX, GWS and deadeye...This too shall pass.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top