Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

National Even liberal professor scolds senators for USSC brief

User 1234

Reactions
Reactions
I'm personally pretty tired of the term "dog whistle", but what else can a thinking person see this as... ?

“The Supreme Court is not well. And the people know it. Perhaps the Court can heal itself before the public demands it be ‘restructured in order to reduce the influence of politics.’

wow... subtle, huh.

I'm not much of a poker player. In fact, I'm pretty terrible. But I'd cash out my 401K to sit at a table with these clowns.

Xaevian

Reactions
"If you aren't going to submit to our political manipulation, you must be politically manipulated by someone else, so we declare SCOTUS as defunct until you agree with us." "And...and..we really mean it!"

Google translation.

I thought court manipulation like this was illegal. Until people start going to prison for this insolence, it will continue.

Ura-Ki

Reactions

Goosebrown

Reactions
Boy howdy are those dipwads in for a very rude awakening! I would LOVE to be there when the court responds to this and strikes it down HARD and then takes up it's first of many 2nd cases and changes things for ever!
Yeah but they’re not going to do that.

They’re going to pick and choose like they do now and the democrats, if they win, can easily add seats to the court.

So any of you that won’t vote republican, this is your future. An 11 justice Court.

Reactions
I learned a long time ago not to tell the judge that "This is bullsh!t" It was probably lucky for me that my pregnant wife was sitting next to me!

I think these (insert adjective here) are gonna learn the same.

Reactions
Right off the bat in the Summary Of Argument, “It can be tempting for judges to confuse [their] own preferences with the requirements of the law,”

Tell me what court system this is NOT happening in anymore? Furthermore, it's perfectly OK if the left does it.. This hypocrisy reaches new highs on a daily basis anymore. :s0075:

Reactions
I think this is a good thing. Even the liberal justices probably don't like being threatened- and this was a very thinly veiled threat- "Do the 'right thing' or we'll restructure the court."

Not even FDR was popular enough to push a plan to pack the Supreme Court through.

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Rangemaster Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I have done business with Jeff for many years,he is trustworthy and honest
    • grpolarbear
  • Rangemaster Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I've known him from the beginning. I trust him completely. His prices are fair. He is technically competent in all aspects of gunsmithing and...
    • OLDMANWINTER
  • Country Line Shooting Sports
    5.00 star(s)
    If you like a good mom and pop, country store, County Line only lacks the cracker barrel and chairs to be damn near perfect. They try and for the...
    • CptPh0t0n
  • Brimstone Gunsmithing
    5.00 star(s)
    David is kind, considerate and a true professional as are the rest of his staff ! Thanks
    • LuLuBelle
  • Brimstone Gunsmithing
    5.00 star(s)
    Back in April, I had Brimstone do a Tier 1 trigger job for my 10/22 race gun build. After months of use and a handful of speed steel events, I...
    • Mister Bisley

Staff online