Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Even if it was deliberate the media won't push for new restrictions!

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by OLDNEWBIE, Oct 24, 2015.

1. OLDNEWBIE

OLDNEWBIE State of Flux Well-Known Member

If they all could be magically eliminated, the Car IMO would replace rampage killers guns as the preferred tool for splashy front page massacres. Would the media start blaming the car?

This has happened a lot in my lifetime. Always a drunk or a medical condition with one exception if memory serves me right. It's usually a one day story Nationally.

"We heard somebody scream, 'Look out!.' (The driver) plowed through a police motorcycle, and then a crowd of people," Kapple said. "People were flying everywhere."
    http://www.wptv.com/news/national/police-3-dead-22-injured-after-homecoming-parade-crash

2. OLDNEWBIE

Here's one from Europe that seems deliberate. This happens all the time. Something needs to be done, we need more laws against SUVs in the hands of Civilians!

Witnesses said the green 4WD was travelling at over 100km an hour when it slammed into a crowd of people on one of the main shopping streets in the city.

The 26-year-old Austrian driver has been detained and described as a 'mentally unbalanced' man, according to governor Hermann Schuetzenhoefer.

A 24-year-old woman and a man, 28, were also killed while 34 others were injured, six remaining in a critical condition, officials said.

http://www.skynews.com.au/news/top-...ree-dead-after-4wd-hits-crowd-in-austria.html

3. 308

308 ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

Face to the name. Screenshot_2015-10-24-13-19-38.png

4. OLDNEWBIE

Pure scum!

5. freestoneangler

freestoneangler wa Well-Known Member

They would only demonize the fossil fuel burning killing machines... the electric ones would be cool. :D

Slobray and OLDNEWBIE like this.
  6. dobeman

dobeman Hillsboro Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

we need Smart Car Control laws. Commense Sense Car control laws!! CFCSCL unite! (Citizens for Common Sense Car Laws).

Slobray and OLDNEWBIE like this.
  7. OLDNEWBIE

Four people were killed Saturday and 44 others injured now being reported from Stillwater, OK.:(

8. freestoneangler

freestoneangler wa Well-Known Member

Jeebus... don't give them any ideas :eek:.

9. dobeman

Trust me if a dumb gun loving yahoo like me thought of it, some enlightened ascended being liberal already thought it long ago.

freestoneangler likes this.
  10. Slobray

Slobray Yelm, WA Well-Known Member

It may have already been thought of by said enlightened one, but "Common Sense Car control laws" would affect them personally, so there will be no "Smart Car Control laws" and no automobile ban called for. How dare you suggest that any enlightened one be inconvenienced, shame, shame.

Ray

11. dobeman

you have achieved a higher level of enlightenment than myself. I am humbled. Good point.

Slobray and BoonDocks36 like this.
  12. 10010110

10010110 Forest Grove region Active Member

The Ink On Paper (aka "law") would have exceptions for them, just as is already done for police, congress, etc.

Brutus57 and Slobray like this.
  13. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Some smart collage kid just invented a devise that scans your pupils when you try to start a car.
    It is precise enough to determine if you're under the influence of alcohol and locks the ignition if you are over a certain limit.
    Think that devise will ever be made mandatory by the feds.

14. RicInOR

RicInOR Washington County Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

15. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Just following up on titsonritz update - they do plan to charge her with 4 counts of 2nd degree murder, and her attorney is saying alcohol definitely was not a factor. This is all very strange. We may want to keep a close eye on this case:

Tony Coleman, Chambers' attorney, said at a news conference in Oklahoma City that he believed his client suffers from a mental illness and that there was no indication that she was drinking before the crash. Police are awaiting blood tests to determine whether Chambers was impaired by drugs or alcohol.

"I absolutely can rule out alcohol," Coleman said.

He said he spoke with Chambers for about an hour.

"During that entire interview, I was not satisfied at all that I was communicating with a competent individual," Coleman said.

Chambers, who had been at work before the crash, doesn't remember much of what happened, only recalling being extremely confused as she was removed from the car, the lawyer said.

"She could have even blacked out," Coleman said.

Source: http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/wo...arges-in-oklahoma-crash/ar-BBmoHa8?li=AAa0dzB

16. notazombie

notazombie Hillsboro Well-Known Member

I think we'll need to just wait and see how this plays out. There's not enough real info yet. The initial charge was was DUI which has a wide spectrum of definitions. Wouldn't be the first time a medical condition was mistaken for DUI.

17. Deebow

Deebow Portland Well-Known Member

What? No Picture of the car? I thought the car did it?

How come when people use guns, they blame the gun? Seems like the blame is misplaced here. It is the car's fault.

Give it a fair hearing before the judge and send it to the crusher! Let that poor woman go!

Slobray likes this.
  18. OLDNEWBIE

Sounding more and more like maybe OFF her meds than on them, some sort of psychotic episode?
    My brother when he was going through his problems before being fully diagnosed, (Paranoid schizophrenia) was driving , stopped at a light. A guy pulled up next to him and asked where is Pembroke Road?
    Well my Brother freaked out and hit the gas and plowed into the car in front of him!
    He was already on Pembroke Road, why would the guy ask that??

At the time everything was a conspiracy against him. Everybody had secret signals. One headlight was a way "they" communicated, billboards had secret messages etc.
    In his state of mind at the time, the early 80s, he could have easily plowed into a crowd with his Car thinking he was killing his enemies or escaping a deadly threat.

Is this is what went on with this Woman, was it on purpose because of delusional thoughts?

If so there are a lot of parallels to be drawn with the war on 2ndA rights because of a shooting like in Aurora, Colo. by a crazy guy with a gun and her actions with her Car.

We'll see what the facts are but with the antis logic we may see a call for greater restrictions on cars soon.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  19. Martini_Up

Martini_Up NW USA Well-Known Member

Car show loop hole!!!!!

Slobray and titsonritz like this.
  20. bakersman345

bakersman345 Camas wa Well-Known Member

It important to remember they already don't want us driving suv's or trucks because "its bad for the environment" we should stop making this argument before they get ideas and I'm stuck driving a dinky little smart car.

OLDNEWBIE likes this.