JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
being as i come from a place where evacuation can be an annual event i would say its unlikely you will see any road blocks on top of that its likely you will see toll gates opened up for faster passage for evacuees.

By "tollgates", I mean impromptu barriers, manned by the unscrupulous. They could be gangs, unpaid ODOT workers, or just desperate people needing gas or food for their kids. The barriers could easily be constructed from abandoned vehicles or felled trees.

Sounds crazy, but interviews with different gangs post-Rodney King show many actually planned for a potential riot. Could be similar for SHTF.

Next, the "roadblocks" I envision would be constructed around towns by local residents, to repel refugees. Arizona towns did this for the Okies during the Depression.

Regarding bumpers... barriers are best made using front loaders, since the bucket is easy to move and replace. Not much will budge 15 tons of steel, especially on a track.

If/when SHTF, I will proceed out my front door and head north approximately a half a mile in my car. Once I have reached the gas station I will use the ATM and fill up my gas tank. Then I will travel roughly .2 miles west by car where I will arrive at Albertsons. There I will stock up on provisions using my ARC (Albertsons Reward Card). I should save ~ %10.
After that I will head next door by foot (approximately 100 yards) and I will buy any last minute survival gear from BiMart.

Finally I will travel ~ 2 miles via the main roads to MCD (McDonalds) and buy myself an emergency BMM (Big Mac Meal). Then I will head across the street to the local HIE (Holiday Inn Express) where I will enjoy cable, wifi, and continental breakfast until the situation is fully resolved.

It's the perfect Every Man plan! LOL.

Excellent response. :)

Always wondered about this... Fortunately I live in a small town where a vehicle isn't even included in the plan....2 blocks I'm out and 2 miles I am gone...I even have a safe place to get dressed and prepped should I have to jump out of the shower and go 'as is'...Not sure about Seattle but if I was in Portland I think I would have a Kayak, canoe or inflatable handy to make use of the waterways out of the city...But then I am just one single guy too...Be different with family to worry about

Don't forget the Willamette and Columbia rivers and in Seattle Puget Sound.

BINGO!

I would add; go to several possible debarkation points and mark them with your GPS. That would also be a good spot for a cache & ralley-points for like-minded acquaintances. Have a near & far recognition plan (one flash answered by three flashes etc).

Now that we have some time, it would be good to rehearse how long it takes to drift to those points.........

Don't forget about Willamette falls.

Plan your cache points slightly above the high-water marks.

Don't use the nude beach on Sauvie Island, that's my point.:s0114:

Missed SGT Nambus post...Either way... from Portland I would head west down river(s)...Once in the vicinity of the coast range I would be home and comfortable

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top