JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a feeling that it has more to do with their politics than their intent.
Do you mean that you think my personal opinion on these wacknuts is about their politics, or that LE's treatment of them is more about the politics?

I can only speak for me, but I don't care what their politics are. There's a big difference between passively blocking a street and actively threatening and detaining individuals. My response is proportional to the threat level.

I'm left of center, but I'm definitely not a fan of skateboard chuds throwing molotovs and rocks at the police. When they turn their sights on disrupting me and my rights, they'll get the same response. Violence is violence, threats are threats.

I would have a little more respect for our more left-leaning members if they would have the intellectual honesty to also condemn the illegal actions of the radicals on their side, but they seem to give them a pass.
I apologize if I've seemed to be giving a pass to any of that. Anyone threatening private citizens on public property should be arrested and charged, regardless of political affiliation or where they're doing it. So should people throwing molotovs and rocks at the cops. Violence is violence, and I am vehemently opposed to all of it, but when it's directed at me and my family I take personal offense and will exercise my right to personal defense.

I don't care whether it's a soy boy with face tattoos and a rusty hi-point or a 350 pound redneck with a tacticool AR-15, they're going to have a bad day if they try to stop me at gunpoint. I'm no extremist and I don't like any of them.

I'm not defending or giving a pass to violence on any political spectrum. If I need to say that more deliberately or clearly, let me know. and I will do so.

Thank you for that. I can agree. :)

Giving people on your own side a pass is pretty common around the world. For example, I am not a Muslim-hater. I have Muslim friends- good people who I trust, and who do not condone terrorism. Around the world though, are millions of Muslims who are not terrorists, but refuse to condemn Muslim terrorists, because "they're on our side". We don't do ourselves any favors by defending extremists.

Last Edited:
We don't do ourselves any favors by defending extremists.
100% correct. When we support one extreme, it gives cover for the other extreme to dial up their actions and for moderates on the other side to slowly radicalize themselves.

If the 80% in the middle of this country would start loudly opposing both fringes equally, we'd be a lot better off. Unfortunately, you're also right about the first part; people (all of us) do tend to look past crappy behavior when it's "our team" doing it.

You mind if I setup a checkpoint down the street from you? You only need to show me your ID once a day. It's for your own safety, because I said so, and I granted myself the legal authority to do it.

:s0037:

IF my neighborhood is surrounded by an approaching wildfire, people have evacuated their homes, if an evacuation order is imminent or has been issued, if thugz are known to be looting areas affected by the fires, if people have been caught setting fires, and if LE is spread so thin that they have no chance to protect my neighborhood, I WILL COLLECT MONEY FROM MY NEIGHBORS AND PAY YOU TO SET UP THAT CHECKPOINT. I will bring you food and drinks, and provide whatever help I can. ALL of the "ifs" I mentioned were in effect in locations where checkpoints were established.

Maybe Mods can cull the "check point" replies into an "Evacuation Check Point: Yay or Nay" thread so as to keep this one on point and keeping it from getting locked due to content.

Maybe Mods can cull the "check point" replies into an "Evacuation Check Point: Yay or Nay" thread so as to keep this one on point and keeping it from getting locked due to content.

The neighbors efforts to prevent looting are directly related to the evacuation orders. The evacuation orders are the reason that the properties are susceptible to looting. I guess we could have different threads for different aspects of the evacuation orders but that doesn't seem necessary to me.

The neighbors efforts to prevent looting are directly related to the evacuation orders. The evacuation orders are the reason that the properties are susceptible to looting. I guess we could have different threads for different aspects of the evacuation orders but that doesn't seem necessary to me.

Oh I get that, and I would like to chime in, but I read this differently:

The thread is Evacuation Orders, Can we keep this about that, please.

IF my neighborhood is surrounded by an approaching wildfire, people have evacuated their homes, if an evacuation order is imminent or has been issued, if thugz are known to be looting areas affected by the fires, if people have been caught setting fires, and if LE is spread so thin that they have no chance to protect my neighborhood, I WILL COLLECT MONEY FROM MY NEIGHBORS AND PAY YOU TO SET UP THAT CHECKPOINT. I will bring you food and drinks, and provide whatever help I can. ALL of the "ifs" I mentioned were in effect in locations where checkpoints were established.
Why do you get to decide what conditions must be in place for me to setup a checkpoint? It's a free country. If I want to check the ID of everyone driving into the neighborhood at gun point to prevent looting, that's my God given right.

All kidding aside, I hope the Sheriffs cite and issue summons to any civilians setting up checkpoints on a public road, as they have been. I support law enforcement.

_nc_ohc=zapQBvV5lfkAX-zBPAN&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads