JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What happens if they block your path like the "protesters" in Portland and elsewhere have done? If you mow them over then you will be considered the bad guy. Shoe is on the other foot in this scenario.
To me, it depends on whether their actions are directed at me, or they are just being idiots blocking the road. If they're being idiots blocking the road but not focused on me, I'll probably just turn around and find another route like I do whenever any other road is impassable while I complain about what idiots they are.

If they're holding guns and demanding that I personally stop and answer questions before continuing on, they can go F themselves.

Helped my parents and my sister's family get back to their homes yesterday when evac levels were rolled back in Clackamas County. I've been safeguarding their valuables, heirlooms, and firearms since they evacuated last week. They've been holding out on me. I've got a few 100-year old firearms here in tip-top shape. I wonder how long it will be before I have a chance to return them. ;)

Wink wink, who's broken stupid Oregon laws safeguarding either your firearms or storing for someone? I think I might know a guy.......
On a serious note, this just shows how dumb certain laws are, if someone wanted to safekeep someone else's firearms as to not get burned up, legally would they have to wait the week plus bgc backlog? How can someone stay on the right side of the law during government mandated evacuation orders?

Wink wink, who's broken stupid Oregon laws safeguarding either your firearms or storing for someone? I think I might know a guy.......
On a serious note, this just shows how dumb certain laws are, if someone wanted to safekeep someone else's firearms as to not get burned up, legally would they have to wait the week plus bgc backlog? How can someone stay on the right side of the law during government mandated evacuation orders?
Ummm, I thought there was an exception for immediate family members? If I'm wrong then HAHAHA this has all been a little joke, of COURSE I wouldn't violate that law that I am incredibly familiar with! HHAHAHAHA hahahha.... hah.... Be right back, gotta go do something.

For immediate family (siblings, parents, children, aunts/uncles, grandparents, etc.), this is usually not an issue in OR or WA state as the laws have exceptions for them.

Interesting note on this off-topic subject: Myself and a few VERY close friends have set up a living trust listing all of us as members. Some of our firearms and all our NFA items are owned by this trust, meaning that we can transfer them between each other freely, as well as between any of our siblings, parents, children, step children, grandparents, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, first cousins, or any spouses thereof. At least, that's what the lawyer who set it up for us and the county sheriff we asked told us. We'll probably all be arrested soon.

For immediate family (siblings, parents, children, aunts/uncles, grandparents, etc.), this is usually not an issue in OR or WA state as the laws have exceptions for them.
This guy that I "know" literally had all immediate family evacuated too. So he just said FU and made sure they were locked up safe.

Interesting note on this off-topic subject: Myself and a few VERY close friends have set up a living trust listing all of us as members. Some of our firearms and all our NFA items are owned by this trust, meaning that we can transfer them between each other freely, as well as between any of our siblings, parents, children, step children, grandparents, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, first cousins, or any spouses thereof. At least, that's what the lawyer who set it up for us and the county sheriff we asked told us. We'll probably all be arrested soon.
Just do what we did. Move to a county with a constitutional sheriff who refuses to enforce said laws, and stating such publicly in local media. :s0059:

Sorry bud, our authority to defend ourselves does not come from man's idiotic laws. ;)
You mind if I setup a checkpoint down the street from you? You only need to show me your ID once a day. It's for your own safety, because I said so, and I granted myself the legal authority to do it.

:s0037:

I suspect they are being baited. If I was in their shoes I would not stop cars but would follow them if they looked really sketchy. I think just having an armed presence near neighborhood entry points would deter most of the looting types.
I'll admit that I have been tempted to drive the old beat up Subaru up there and do some troll-baiting myself. Luckily, I am able to let dumb thoughts like those pass with little more than a smirk and head shake.

To me, it depends on whether their actions are directed at me, or they are just being idiots blocking the road. If they're being idiots blocking the road but not focused on me, I'll probably just turn around and find another route like I do whenever any other road is impassable while I complain about what idiots they are.

If they're holding guns and demanding that I personally stop and answer questions before continuing on, they can go F themselves.
I have a feeling that it has more to do with their politics than their intent.

I have a feeling that it has more to do with their politics than their intent.
I think you are right, I don't recall seeing too many warnings by LE agencies warning Protester types not to stop cars, heck they didn't even warn the Protesters not to shoot at cars that turned around to avoid being stopped.

Personally I think illegal roadblocks are a bad idea. I understand people wanting to protect their communities, but arming up and stopping every average Joe who rolls up, without legal authority, doesn't seem like a wise move to me.

I would have a little more respect for our more left-leaning members if they would have the intellectual honesty to also condemn the illegal actions of the radicals on their side, but they seem to give them a pass.

It's logical in a way. Our opinions and beliefs are based less on personal experiences, and more on the voices we listen to and the sources we trust.

Radicals on your own side? "Well, I'd turn around and leave them alone. After all, they have a point and a just cause. So they're going a bit overboard, but they mean well."

Radicals on the other side? "Run them down! Shoot them! They're breaking the law, and they're EEEVIL!"

And yes, I fully understand that the above applies to both sides here! o_O

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top