JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Anyone know of good areas to target the Eurasion collared doves? Preferably within a couple hours of PDX.
-
If I ate them, My back yard would be easy hunting for me with the .22, as they always thick in winter, and they here year round . Big bunch always move in and rape my seed feeder in winter with a few of the smaller native dove mixed-in once while . It funny to watch the smaller native dove bully the larger Eurasian doves when grazing on the ground.

Wilson River, by Diamond OHV turnout. Along the power lines there. I've seen flocks of what looks like hundreds, murmuring. They cut and turn so fast!
[edit] not entirely sure if they are collared doves. They're doves and are mostly white is about all I know.

I have had a pair at my place for around a year. I thought they were pigeons when I first saw them as they are so big. They nested in the trees around the house and there were six this summer, but lately I've only seen a pair. I found two piles of white feathers in the yard recently and a Red Tail Hawk perched closer than usual. I suspect the Hawk got them, but it's a guess. There was only feathers, no blood or any part of a carcass. I enjoyed having them around.

It's like Andy says...
The problem with these guys is that they are mostly concentrated around human development, so the best way is to know somebody own property. Sauvie Island would probably be a good bet.
At least from my experience and from what I've researched...

If anyone has a problem with Eurasian Dove, I would be more than happy to help you with pest control. :)

Anyone know of good areas to target the Eurasion collared doves? Preferably within a couple hours of PDX.
Don't know any places around Pdx but they r sure thick in eastern OR near wa border. They r almost tame over there. I think it must be due to where they were planted. Don't know if was ODFW or WDFW who planted them but they sure took hold.

The feral cats and Red Tails stay pretty well fed around my place. In case no one else has mentioned it, they are an invasive species. They also pair up, so it'd be just plain mean to leave lonely widows ;). Blast away!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top