JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Man, I wish this wasn't so far away. We need another meet up north here. I want to see lots of pics! :)

Ironically the last OC meetup was farther north, in Salem. Oregon Open Carry has a meetup in Portland area about once a month/every other month.

I wonder what it'd take to get them to post their meets on our calendar/event section.

I would be interested in going to an OC. However, I can not make it this month. It would be great if there were a way to get more information for the next OC.

Not to hijack a thread or stray too far off topic, but I was told by multiple (5) different sources that it was illegal to open carry if you hold a CHL.

Any truth to it?

That's false in Oregon, and I think Washington as well. Oregon law allows cities to restrict something, not sure if it's carrying a loaded gun in city limits or something else, so cities can restrict open carry, but with a CHL you can open carry state-wide. I believe only five Oregon cities ban open carry without a CHL.

Not to hijack a thread or stray too far off topic, but I was told by multiple (5) different sources that it was illegal to open carry if you hold a CHL.

Any truth to it?

Look up preemption.
The CHL overrides the city loaded weapon bans. Regardless, if you were to open carry in a city without this, you would indeed be allowed to open carry without a CHL. If you have a CHL, it won't make any difference, except you can conceal legally as well.

If in Beaverton, don't expect Beaverton police to take kindly to you, though. Read about the shell station incident a few pages back in the "legal" section, I started the thread.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top