JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Man, I wish this wasn't so far away. We need another meet up north here. I want to see lots of pics! :)

Ironically the last OC meetup was farther north, in Salem. Oregon Open Carry has a meetup in Portland area about once a month/every other month.

I wonder what it'd take to get them to post their meets on our calendar/event section.

I would be interested in going to an OC. However, I can not make it this month. It would be great if there were a way to get more information for the next OC.

Not to hijack a thread or stray too far off topic, but I was told by multiple (5) different sources that it was illegal to open carry if you hold a CHL.

Any truth to it?

That's false in Oregon, and I think Washington as well. Oregon law allows cities to restrict something, not sure if it's carrying a loaded gun in city limits or something else, so cities can restrict open carry, but with a CHL you can open carry state-wide. I believe only five Oregon cities ban open carry without a CHL.

Not to hijack a thread or stray too far off topic, but I was told by multiple (5) different sources that it was illegal to open carry if you hold a CHL.

Any truth to it?

Look up preemption.
The CHL overrides the city loaded weapon bans. Regardless, if you were to open carry in a city without this, you would indeed be allowed to open carry without a CHL. If you have a CHL, it won't make any difference, except you can conceal legally as well.

If in Beaverton, don't expect Beaverton police to take kindly to you, though. Read about the shell station incident a few pages back in the "legal" section, I started the thread.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top