Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Eugene/Springfield Open Carry Meetup

Discussion in 'Events & Get Togethers' started by lazyeye, Nov 6, 2008.

1. lazyeye

lazyeye Corvallis, OR Member

2. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Man, I wish this wasn't so far away. We need another meet up north here. I want to see lots of pics! :)

3. lazyeye

Ironically the last OC meetup was farther north, in Salem. Oregon Open Carry has a meetup in Portland area about once a month/every other month.

4. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I wonder what it'd take to get them to post their meets on our calendar/event section.

5. lazyeye

Ask them?

6. browning

browning Oregon New Member

I would be interested in going to an OC. However, I can not make it this month. It would be great if there were a way to get more information for the next OC.

7. lazyeye

Just take a look at the Oregon open carry site every once in a while, you'll see them pop up.

8. coctailer

coctailer Portland, OR/Hastings, MI/Vancouver,WA I run with scissors.

we need to cross post them here. I'm down for an OC day:)

9. wakejoe

wakejoe Beaverton, OR Well-Known Member

Not to hijack a thread or stray too far off topic, but I was told by multiple (5) different sources that it was illegal to open carry if you hold a CHL.

Any truth to it?

10. Joe Link

That's false in Oregon, and I think Washington as well. Oregon law allows cities to restrict something, not sure if it's carrying a loaded gun in city limits or something else, so cities can restrict open carry, but with a CHL you can open carry state-wide. I believe only five Oregon cities ban open carry without a CHL.

11. CharlesAFerg

CharlesAFerg Beaverton Active Member

Look up preemption.
    The CHL overrides the city loaded weapon bans. Regardless, if you were to open carry in a city without this, you would indeed be allowed to open carry without a CHL. If you have a CHL, it won't make any difference, except you can conceal legally as well.

If in Beaverton, don't expect Beaverton police to take kindly to you, though. Read about the shell station incident a few pages back in the "legal" section, I started the thread.