Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Eugene/Springfield Open Carry Meetup

Reactions
Those of us involved in OC are having a meetup in Springfield on the 15th. More info here:
<broken link removed>
If you'd like to come, please sound off so we can get an appropriate table.

OP
L
Reactions
Man, I wish this wasn't so far away. We need another meet up north here. I want to see lots of pics! :)
Ironically the last OC meetup was farther north, in Salem. Oregon Open Carry has a meetup in Portland area about once a month/every other month.

Joe Link

Reactions
Ironically the last OC meetup was farther north, in Salem. Oregon Open Carry has a meetup in Portland area about once a month/every other month.
I wonder what it'd take to get them to post their meets on our calendar/event section.

Reactions
I would be interested in going to an OC. However, I can not make it this month. It would be great if there were a way to get more information for the next OC.

Reactions
Not to hijack a thread or stray too far off topic, but I was told by multiple (5) different sources that it was illegal to open carry if you hold a CHL.

Any truth to it?

Joe Link

Reactions
Not to hijack a thread or stray too far off topic, but I was told by multiple (5) different sources that it was illegal to open carry if you hold a CHL.

Any truth to it?
That's false in Oregon, and I think Washington as well. Oregon law allows cities to restrict something, not sure if it's carrying a loaded gun in city limits or something else, so cities can restrict open carry, but with a CHL you can open carry state-wide. I believe only five Oregon cities ban open carry without a CHL.

Reactions

Any truth to it?
Look up preemption.
The CHL overrides the city loaded weapon bans. Regardless, if you were to open carry in a city without this, you would indeed be allowed to open carry without a CHL. If you have a CHL, it won't make any difference, except you can conceal legally as well.

If in Beaverton, don't expect Beaverton police to take kindly to you, though. Read about the shell station incident a few pages back in the "legal" section, I started the thread.

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Gooseneck Road
    4.00 star(s)
    Very popular service road with some unmarked logging roads that branch off of the main. Relatively cleaned up from what we saw. I just wish that...
    • Benzdriver81
  • Liberty Safes of Oregon
    5.00 star(s)
    I have now purchased 2 Safe’s and constantly recommend people go here. You get better quality than the other liberty safes made for places like...
    • Motojohonda
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Just dropped by today to pick up a rifle … this is what a gun store should be! None of the crotchety bluster and BS that so many other gun stores...
    • DLS
  • Supporting Vendor J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    I'll put in a good word for J&B Firearms Sales in Beaverton, on Beaverton-Hillsdale Hwy (across the street from KFC and BiMart). I've always had...
    • RVNvet
  • Seattle Rifle & Pistol Association
    5.00 star(s)
    This is a members only club. They have had and have some issues that cause membership to fluctuate a bit. There are more rules than shooting in...
    • coltemp

Staff online

• Kruel J
    Moderator of the Coriolis effect