JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Lets not forget one of my favorites, The Gun Works Muzzleloading Emporium, 247 South 2nd Street, in Springfield! Yes, they mostly deal in muzzle loaders, but they often have a good selection of used firearms also. If we are rating gun shops on costumer service, I would put Gun Works high on the list, GREAT SHOP!:s0155:

Mazama's has a nice selection but are very expensive.

They also spent an inordinate amount of time tearing me to shreds for daring to live in UK. I was fully intending to drop a couple of hundred $$$$ on some QR scope rings from Nightforce, but they never got back to me. Guess my genteel Ontarian accent pissed them off, eh?

Meh.

tac

Can anyone tell me what they know? I know of only S&M, which I like.

I used to enjoy the business i got at S&M dating back 10 years ago but more recently i can't recommend them. I'd recommend Barons den & Mazama's though. Both have been great since i switched. Mazama's is a little more on the expensive side like another poster stated but you get what you pay for.

Oak Grove Guns by River Road and Division is by far my favorite shop in town, followed by the Baron's Den. Excellent customer service and selection can be found at both.

I avoid Mazama's at the mall, terrible attitudes and a total lack of customer service IMO. Especially if at any point they discover you were not born and raised locally. Not to mention high prices. I was actually LAUGHED at when I asked if they ever have sales pricing on ammo.

I avoid Mazama's at the mall, terrible attitudes and a total lack of customer service IMO. Especially if at any point they discover you were not born and raised locally.

Yup, see post #24.

We probably spend more leisure $$$ in Oregon than any other part of the USA. Not too hard to do when you figure out that apart from the occasional trip up to Seattle, we don't actually GO anywhere else in the US of A. Everything we could ever want is right there in Orygun.

We figure on us parting with an average of $4 - 5K every trip over - with as much spent on products and services as possible that are Oregon-made.

Hence, Leupold optics, Warne rings, Bowtech Archery stuff, Ka-dee trains couplings and so on. That's apart from all the Marionberry pie...

tac, Oregon-lover par excellence

I am very close to SM, Oak Grove and River Road Bimart. They are all good sources in their own way. And each is a different kind of gun store.

At Mazama they have said they do not intend to stock a department store inventory of ammo. It makes sense since solo Mazama will never have the volume sales like say multiple BiMarts.

I do like Mazama. Have known Jim W for decades.

Gun Pro also tops my list.

I have bought more stuff at SM than any other. They are only about 3 miles away. Oak grove even closer but I do not know them yet.

I never go to Barons Den

Plug: check out this guy for great special press stuff InLineFabrication.Com

Past plug: I miss Eugene Surplus Sales

Went to Eugene this weekend, took my girls shopping. While they were doing that the boy and I headed out to gun stores. Oakway guns was first, awesome guys. My son pulled just about every rifle off the rack and put it to his shoulder. They asked several times if we were doing ok, as well as being greeted when we walked in.
Then we went to SM guns, no greeting, they told my son he couldn't touch any guns because of federal law. I asked if they had a sight I was looking for and he said he didn't think so and that was it, didn't look for it.
We walked out.

Yeah I did go in there, I like places with free stickers.:D
Down here we have some good ones. KC's Exchange being the best.
70 y.o. lady that runs a gun shop from her converted garage. The 'best' prices, very helpful and she is as sassy as they come.

I'm Glad this thread popped up, I was going to start a similar one.

My Question...

Who in Eugene area has the best selection of AR parts and pieces? I'm looking for nice little tid bits like ambidextrous selectors and mag releases etc...

Thanks guys (and gals).

I will also be in Albany and Springfield areas.

Another vote for Emerald Valley Armory. Raye is a great guy to deal with. He custom builds ARs, so I would guess he has a good supply of parts for them.
By far my favorite shop, and well worth the 15 min drive to Creswell.

Whilst probably not needed, i will add my 2 pleasant experiences (years apart) with Oak Grove.

Weirdest thing, first one, gun show, wasn't really looking for anything, had something interesting, ended up buying it (wife wanted it) Very friendly and good service.

Second one, years later, same gun show, guy recognized us after talking, saw right gun, wife liked it, bought it. Same great service.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top