JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
http://www.eugenepracticalshooters.com/cms3/index.php/about-eps

I shot the monthly USPSA match with the Eugene Practical Shooters at their club just a few miles outside of Eugene. I'm from Portland and haven't made it a point to get down there; although I did shoot there once in March.

I have to say they put on a great 5 stage match. Shooting was done by noon and tear down took about 45 minutes.

The MD "Bill" had some great stages that were challenging but not too crazy. There was at least 1 new shooter that got rounded up by somebody to get walked through competing. I'm sure she felt a little intimidated but I know...we've all been there :)

They hold their matches on the 1st Saturday of the month and I'll think I'll make it a routine for me.

USPSA 1st Sat, steel 2nd Sat, IDPA 3rd Sat. Those are all on the schedule every month, with only rare exceptions for unusually bad weather or insurmountable schedule conflicts.

I do run occasional IDPA-ish 3Gun matches for carbines that are PCC or .22 LR only on 5th Sundays, as the mood strikes. We can't shoot rifle calibers in our pistol bays.

Bill Dickinson and Chris Fitzmorris have taken over the MD duties for the USPSA matches as of December.

--Ben Bock, the former USPSA MD.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads