JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My bolts are never closed in transport and cable locks not removed until on the bench. They are then replaced prior to leaving the bench.
Most people I shoot with have similar procedures. Makes me wonder if a family member or friend used his rifle prior to the incident?

Oh well look at the bright side - it makes a great excuse to hold one of those "Emperor's-Visit-To-The-Death-Star" cop funerals.

Imperial Storm Troopers, er . . . I mean Representatives of Dozens of Law-Enforcement Agencies, lined up row upon row as far as the eye can see. Demonstrating for all the world the desperate incestuous self-love the Cop Culture is famous for.

And bagpipes. Gotta have those bagpipes. A finer metaphor for cops you'll never find.

I'm sure you can make disrespectful comments because you work to serve your community too?? Or do you just live to serve yourself so you don't respect when someone actually cares more for others than themselves?

Either way, disrespectful. But it is a free country.

may be tacky, but like you said. its great we can voice our opinons freely.
I wish to extend my condolenses to the family of this tragic accident.

Rule broken, NEVER let the weapon be pointed at something you are not willing to destroy. Breaking the rules ends up in tragedy for you or your family. All the training in the world won't help someone who thinks the rules don't apply to them.

jj

Rule broken, NEVER let the weapon be pointed at something you are not willing to destroy. Breaking the rules ends up in tragedy for you or your family. All the training in the world won't help someone who thinks the rules don't apply to them.

jj
like jim sez: and if you break the rules of gun safety, the punishment can be death...

Regardless how it happened, it is tragic.

RIP officer.

Prayers and thoughts to the family...

I don't see this as tragic.I see it as he killed himself and didn't screw up and kill an innocent bystander.Maybe some ones kid.

My condolences to the family,but this was just shear stupidity.

I don't see this as tragic.I see it as he killed himself and didn't screw up and kill an innocent bystander.Maybe some ones kid.

My condolences to the family,but this was just shear stupidity.

Any needless loss of human life is tragic. shear stupidity or not...

WE as humans die every day.It is the cycle of life,not tragic by any means.
Something that we all will do.

This would be a great slogan for Obama Care Death Squads... I am sure we will see these Billboards soon enough... Death maybe a part of humanity, but so is empathy... Soylent Green 2, coming to a town near you...

I wish there was more info posted on that. I cant quite wrap my mind around how it happened? No safety? Safety off? Did the trigger hit something in the trunk? Where was the muzzle pointed?

While it is a tragedy and such, I wish they would release more info in these instances so it can help others.

http://www.northwestfirearms.com/general-firearm-discussion/50215-izaak-walton-shooting.html

and

UPDATE: EPD sergeant dies in accidental shooting at Eugene-area firing range

The first is discussion of the incident in a different thread. The second is the Register guard article.

Condolences to the family.

From the Register Guard article:
Sheriff's Capt. Bill Thompson said an initial investigation suggests that Webber was removing a hunting rifle from the back of his vehicle when the weapon discharged, striking him once. Witnesses called medics, but Webber died at the scene.

Still doesnt explain much. It kind of leads you to believe he grabbed it barrel first pointing at himself? Ok, how did it discharge then?

I would agree with your assessment about this, but in that the details have not been released (to my knowledge) I wouldn't speculate.

I wish there was more info posted on that. I cant quite wrap my mind around how it happened? No safety? Safety off? Did the trigger hit something in the trunk? Where was the muzzle pointed?

While it is a tragedy and such, I wish they would release more info in these instances so it can help others.

Here Is The Help You Need:
Always Assume All Guns Are Loaded & Never Point A Gun Towards Anything You Do Not Desire To Shoot

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top