JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm in need of recomendation(s) for a gunsmith in the Eugene area to remove broken cases from a Walther PPK .22 and Ruger Mark I. It's a long story, but the last time I was home the wife and I went shooting and we ended up with the mentioned broken cases in the chambers of these guns. I need to be able to tell my wife where to take them.

I'm planning to come home for a few weeks at the end of August. It would be nice to have this already done so I don't have to spend my precious vacation time dealing with a relatively minor problem.

Thanks in advance!

Give George a call at Willamette Valley Gunsmithing Company 541-935-2620. Very knowledgable and good turn around times. He just finished my custom Remington 700 308 heavy barrel on a long action build and its sweet. His hours for customers to either call or come by is from 3-6pm. I think he does this so he can concentrate on working and not answering phone calls. His shop is located in Veneta next to NAPA auto on Hwy 126.

@ TZS. I dont know how you got a speedy turn around time with George but he had my enfield that I brought to him for sandblasting and parkerizing for over 6 months. I had it all disassembled and ready to be sandblasted when i dropped it off with him. I finally got tired of waiting and got it back. I have heard several other people say the same thing about the long wait times.

@ Axe. Maybe it was a bit of luck that I got mine back in 3 1/2 almost 4 months. I called around prior to him and the average wait time was about 7-8 months on a custom build. The reason I picked him was the discussion I had with hm, wait time less and the fact his shop is less than a 1/4 mile from my house. I dont have a lot of other info on other gunsmiths in or around Eugene but when I asked around, others had commented on different gunsmiths equipment were not up to par anymore. So far its been good with George as this is my first custom build and I am getting 1/2 MOA with handloads that I am working on at 200 yards. the only downside I can give is the trigger job still has to much creep in it and I have talked to him about and he stated there is not much more he can do with that factory trigger until I get a Jewell or Timmney trigger. Im not sold on that because my shooting partner that I compete with has a older Remmington Trigger (stock) just like mine that has no creep and breaks at a lesser poundage. We will see overtime because I am going to have more work down on my rifle like lapping the lugs and maybe blueprinting the action later but I just spent the money on glass/rings/base. I'm not sure what to say on your turnaround time except that I know how it feels to wait on something longer than what was expected. have you tried talking to him about? He seems very interested in keeping his reputation as a quality gunsmith up.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews