JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm in need of recomendation(s) for a gunsmith in the Eugene area to remove broken cases from a Walther PPK .22 and Ruger Mark I. It's a long story, but the last time I was home the wife and I went shooting and we ended up with the mentioned broken cases in the chambers of these guns. I need to be able to tell my wife where to take them.

I'm planning to come home for a few weeks at the end of August. It would be nice to have this already done so I don't have to spend my precious vacation time dealing with a relatively minor problem.

Thanks in advance!

Give George a call at Willamette Valley Gunsmithing Company 541-935-2620. Very knowledgable and good turn around times. He just finished my custom Remington 700 308 heavy barrel on a long action build and its sweet. His hours for customers to either call or come by is from 3-6pm. I think he does this so he can concentrate on working and not answering phone calls. His shop is located in Veneta next to NAPA auto on Hwy 126.

@ TZS. I dont know how you got a speedy turn around time with George but he had my enfield that I brought to him for sandblasting and parkerizing for over 6 months. I had it all disassembled and ready to be sandblasted when i dropped it off with him. I finally got tired of waiting and got it back. I have heard several other people say the same thing about the long wait times.

@ Axe. Maybe it was a bit of luck that I got mine back in 3 1/2 almost 4 months. I called around prior to him and the average wait time was about 7-8 months on a custom build. The reason I picked him was the discussion I had with hm, wait time less and the fact his shop is less than a 1/4 mile from my house. I dont have a lot of other info on other gunsmiths in or around Eugene but when I asked around, others had commented on different gunsmiths equipment were not up to par anymore. So far its been good with George as this is my first custom build and I am getting 1/2 MOA with handloads that I am working on at 200 yards. the only downside I can give is the trigger job still has to much creep in it and I have talked to him about and he stated there is not much more he can do with that factory trigger until I get a Jewell or Timmney trigger. Im not sold on that because my shooting partner that I compete with has a older Remmington Trigger (stock) just like mine that has no creep and breaks at a lesser poundage. We will see overtime because I am going to have more work down on my rifle like lapping the lugs and maybe blueprinting the action later but I just spent the money on glass/rings/base. I'm not sure what to say on your turnaround time except that I know how it feels to wait on something longer than what was expected. have you tried talking to him about? He seems very interested in keeping his reputation as a quality gunsmith up.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top