JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a question thread. Use the up arrow to the right of good answers to upvote. Answers with more votes appear higher on the list.
Reactions
I picked up a couple of boxes of 9mm and an 800 pack of .22LR. I was just going to sell them in the classifieds for what I paid. Then I decided to donate that amount to NWFA. THEN, I got the idea to try to auction them off and see if I could get even more for the board. It might be a good way to increase the $81.00 I was planning on donating? I thought someone did this awhile back? Don't remember who though. Any issues with me coming up with an ad like this in the "Ammunition classifieds"?

After I got cash in hand I would pull out the Discover Card and go to the donations page and send the full amount received from the auction to @Joe Link

Who does the "filtering"? What's the bar for "good reputation"?

I like this idea, but I do have concerns about changes like this being implemented on the fly rather than planned out.

Upvote 0
Yes and yes :s0155:
ok,
So... another question. Would these have a special tag to sit at the top of the classifieds?
Similar to the Sponsored Ads?

I'll totally toss up the two rifles I have as an auction and hit up % of final sale to NWFA. Could be a reasonable chunk depending on how it goes.
Minimum kickback %? 10%

Upvote 0
Wouldn't this be somewhat similar if NWFA had the item and was going to auction it off for the good of the site?

Pin an "auction" at the top so it is always visible.
Have 1 person "donating" at a time.
Set a reasonable time limit (IE: 5 days?)

:s0155:

Upvote 0
I posted my auction. Ammo classifieds. I swear someone had one of these up before?

I also started thinking, I'm not sure every one cruises the classified just to see how crazy prices have gotten? IF an auction style ad goes up, maybe it should be in "General firearm" discussion? More eyes see it the better. Also, more folks that don't HAVE to have the ammo, but would like to help out? Just syain'

Upvote 0
Gawd! What have I started! :oops:
You've just dug up old discussions.
Because NWFA is not the auctioning site (liabilities etc), it has to be and would need to be clear this is between private individuals and not to cross any boundaries for any 501C3 status.

Upvote 0
Gawd! What have I started! :oops:

I just did this on Monday. I ended the auction on Wednesday.
One question asked (by a moderator) was whether the donation money generated by the auction could be also used as an annual membership gifted to a deserving member. Kinda like a two for one donation.

Upvote 0

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads